Upgrades Needed

Rilec

New Member
May 10, 2009
3
0
0
Ok, I'm fairly new to Mustangs, but not necessarily to cars in general. I have a 2003 GT with a K&N Intake, AirRaid T-Body Spacer, H-Pipe, and Dual Flowmasters. (Just for reference purposes). I'm just curious about what mods/upgrades are needed for a 99-04 GT to beat an '85 Corvette and a '96 Corvette in the 1/4. I know this Thread is pretty vague, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Edited: Sorry for the confusion, I didn't specify what model, lol. I meant '85 and '96 Corvettes. Fixed now.
 
If the 85 and 96 mustangs are stock, you will beat them without question, given the same driving ability. Of course, with different drivers and different modifications, anything is possible. But stock for stock, you will run away from both.
Other things you can do for a fun street car would be gears, power adders, and a tune.
 
Basically with a good driver and the Corvettes having average numbers you should be able to beat the '85 Vette and keep up with the '96.

Get some rear end gears, a short shifter if your car is a manual, a Throttle Body and Intake Plenum, and a programmer or dynotune. U/D pullies would also help if you don't ever plan on putting a Supercharger on the car anytime soon.

BTW, I still put get 16-19 MPG in the city and up to 25 on the highway with all of my mods.