Upper radiator hose collapses when I rev up the engine????

juiced_94gt

Mar 30, 2005
Southern California
When I have the engine Idling and I snap the throttle the upper radiator hose collapses then returns to shape...what does this mean? is it a problem? I just burped the system and it's still doing it.

Does this cause any kind of cooling issues? today it was 90* around here and the car runs fine until I hit a hill and then the temp climbs instantly to the M-A in "NORMAL" and will creep past it if I dont blast the heater, all the cooling systen is new except the fan and both speeds kick on, with the dyno tune te fans were set to start up earlier and when the temp outside temp is around 70* it doesent matter how I drive my car the temp stays at the O-R, What is causing this? it's my DD and I need it to stay cool ALL the time.

• Sponsors (?)

Do you have your water pump rotating in the right direction? Is the belt set-up stock?

I was wondering the same thing. Usually it is the lower radiator hose that gets collapsed at higher RPMs. Thus the reason that they have the spring in the lower to prevent collapsing. I do not know any other reason why the upper would collapse when the engine is revved up.