UPR Boostmaster tube for 94/95

99FiveOh

10 Year Member
May 20, 2006
J-Ville, FL
So I emailed UPR this morning to let them know that even though their boostmaster pipe is listed as fitting 87-95, it really doesn't fit our cars well at all. I also told them that the 94/95 community would be greatly appreciative if they offered their pipe designed specifically for our cars.

I know the Anderson Powerpipe is king, but knot everyone has 250 bucks to spend on a piece of metal and 2 rubber couplers. My little homemade job didn't cost me any boost and I spent a whopping 20-30 bucks on it.

Still, I would have ordered a UPR pipe had I not read all the negative comments 94/95 guys had to say about it's fit.

I got a response from someone at UPR saying he will pass this on to the owners and bug them to make this pipe.

If anyone else would like to see it made go ahead and send them an email as well. [email protected]

I like competition in the marketplace and most importantly, a good value! To me a power pipe that is 100 bucks is a much better value than one that is 250.00!

• Sponsors (?)

I know the owners of UPR and they are down the street from me currently. With that said I've installed this on a 92GT Fox body a few months ago. It wasn't easy. I had only cut a circle a tad larger than the plastic pipe itself. After looking at pictures from your thread and the way you cut the inner fender I'm sure their 86-95 pipe will fit currently. Although I know where you're going with them getting it to work specifically for the 94-95. I bought this through Rick91GT who is a UPR dealer for like $105 shipped.

cb0f5169.jpg

880675db.jpg

If you're down the street you can go talk to them personally! lol It may look like it'll fit in a 94/95 but from all the research I did while looking into buying one about 90% of the threads ended up with unhappy people saying it didn't fit for crap and ended up buying the AFM power pipe. So not only were they down the 100 bucks for the UPR unit but also the 250 for the Anderson pipe as well. With all the uncertainty about fitment on our cars it's no wonder they aren't selling many to 94/95 owners.

I had money in hand and was ready to order because the homemade thing was really aggravating me! But I just got weary about it's fitment.

I don't think I'll ever be going into UPR gain. It's a shame AFM doesn't have an affordable pipe. I actually bought my AFM used on Ebay for like $150, that was good money spent. I think a plastic one is a good idea for heat issues but to get a 94-95 specific one made seems to be out of reach. Not only are we limited in the number cars but then the number that are supercharged. Maybe UPR does come out with one. I still think with amount of inner fender you cut the one shown above will work. Hell you got a Fender Cold Air kit to work, you'd be able to get that one to work easily.

There's a long running joke that "bolt-on parts" aren't real bolt-ons unless they have to be modified to fit. Obviously that's not always the case, or NONE of us would still be in business.

That said, I think the blower pipes are one of those areas where every one I've ever tried needed a little bit of tweaking to make them work correctly. AFM is the known leader in the market, and they supplied some parts on my magazine project car. Their ProCharger F-series PowerPipe was one of them. Let me start by saying, the pipe worked very well and I'm very thankful for AFM's support of my project!

However, I am extremely OCD with my cars. When I cut the hole in my 42k mile '89 LX for the PowerPipe, I measured three times and cut once. Then when I bolted on the blower and tried to install the PowerPipe, it wasn't even close. I mean, like an INCH off. After I had just cut a huge hole. In my 42k mile Fox. I was not amused.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that sometimes these aftermarket parts need a little bit of tweaking. I'm not saying it's right. I'm not saying that's how it should be. I'm just saying that that is the unfortunate reality of our industry.

Go ahead and ask me about the unexpected decision I had to make to spend $2,000 on cutting the factory wheel tubs out of my [now] 48k mile Fox, because the bolt-in rear end, bolt-in coilovers, and properly sized 3-piece wheels didn't want to play well together...

So I emailed UPR this morning to let them know that even though their boostmaster pipe is listed as fitting 87-95, it really doesn't fit our cars well at all. I also told them that the 94/95 community would be greatly appreciative if they offered their pipe designed specifically for our cars.

I know the Anderson Powerpipe is king, but knot everyone has 250 bucks to spend on a piece of metal and 2 rubber couplers. My little homemade job didn't cost me any boost and I spent a whopping 20-30 bucks on it.

Still, I would have ordered a UPR pipe had I not read all the negative comments 94/95 guys had to say about it's fit.

I got a response from someone at UPR saying he will pass this on to the owners and bug them to make this pipe.

If anyone else would like to see it made go ahead and send them an email as well. [email protected]

I like competition in the marketplace and most importantly, a good value! To me a power pipe that is 100 bucks is a much better value than one that is 250.00!
As Joe and Sharad mentioned, this piece did not play well with a Fox either. We cut once and made it fit, but it gave us hell in the process. The blower/fender placement is basically the same between the two cars, so the issues should be the same.

For the $105 price tag when compared to the competition, a bit of a struggle was manageable.

Uh, no. The supercharger is in a very different spot on a fox. It's much higher and closer to the motor. Mine is sitting so far toward the fender it almost touches the frame rail (actually it did until I clearanced it a bit).

m5lp_0903_02_z+topless_1987_ford_mustang_fox+vortech_supercharger.jpg

My old setup:

DCP_0081.jpg

If I have a car in the shop I can fit to, I tend to make my own custom blower pipes...then they fit the way I want.

Ive used the UPR and AFM pieces in the past, cutting that hole is the hardest part...I use a sweet little nibbler that makes short work of it and doesnt damage the paint.

Sharad, Im sure you were just doing something wrong that 9" should have bolted right in, with what 15 mins time :D