UPR Control arm results

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey guys just wanted to post my results with the UPR control arms. Really happy with them. Last time I went to the track I ran 13.10@104mph with a 1.82 60'. That was on stock upper and lower control arms. I switched to UPR adjustable uppers and lowers with solid bushings. I didnt actually measure the pinion angle but I made the lowers the same length as stock and the uppers just a tad bit shorter. I was only able to get one good run at the track it was my first run, I ran a 13.14@102 with a 1.75 60'. I was having issues with my car bucking a little bit in higher rpms, and after the first run it was at a point where it would barely stay running. I looked over the engine and realized the distributor was loose so my timing was off. I managed to borrow a wrench and tighten it down but didnt have a light to set the timing. The car would idle but would fall on its face when I hit the throttle so I had to cut my loses and just go home. Even though I am pissed my day got cut short I am happy with the one good run I got, before I was running 1.9's and managed to get the 1.82 on my best run of the night, this time I ran the 1.75 on the first run out with the timing being off. Gonna throw the new throttle body on and try again another day.

• Sponsors (?)

Probably in a couple weeks or so, unfortunately I work on track days so for me to go I have to request off work. I just ordered a 75mm accufab throttle body that should get here Thursday so I want to throw that on before I go back. Right now I think my stock throttle body is a bottle neck.

Sorry about the waste of the day but I'm glad you're pleased with the UPRs. I just got mine in a couple weeks ago and will be installing them as I slowly put the car back together. Update us when you get the timing/TB situation sqaured away. Im excited about testing mine out too