Wheels-Tires Use Crown Vic Wheel As Spare Wheel

Yehanma

Mar 16, 2016
Hi all, I have a V6 S550 with 17'' tires, of course, without spare wheel. I happened to notice that Crown Vic has the same tire, which is 235/55R17, as the stock 17'' tires. Does anybody have idea if the 17'' crown vic wheel can be perfectly mounted on Mustang and can be a good full size spare wheel? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi all, I have a V6 S550 with 17'' tires, of course, without spare wheel. I happened to notice that Crown Vic has the same tire, which is 235/55R17, as the stock 17'' tires. Does anybody have idea if the 17'' crown vic wheel can be perfectly mounted on Mustang and can be a good full size spare wheel? Thanks.
You will need to source or measure for yourself the offset and back spacing to see. There is quite a bit of additional brake clearance required for the mustang as compared to the brakes on a Crown Vic

You will need to source or measure for yourself the offset and back spacing to see. There is quite a bit of additional brake clearance required for the mustang as compared to the brakes on a Crown Vic
Thank you very much. I found one guy selling 4 sets of 17'' stock wheels/tires from a 2015 mustang. I will go and get it. Maybe resell the other three. I guess they will be other guys having the same needs.