Engine Used Mustang.. Original Engine?

Hey guys! I just signed up on the forum tonight, which I've been holding off on for quite some time now. Anyways, I purchased a 2005 Mustang GT back in July of 2014, and brace yourself before you read this... but the odometer read 257,xxx at the time of purchase.

Although this sounds absolutely horrifying, I took this GT on a test drive, and it runs like a monster. It's completely stock, more responsive than I would have ever imagined, and the only noise that was noticeable to me was a bad wheel bearing. Luckily, the dealer thought it was top engine noise, and I ended up getting this car for a really good deal. I went ahead and checked the carfax and discovered that this Mustang was wrecked in 2010 (with some heavy front end damage), at about 150,xxx miles. So my question is this:

Is there any possible way for me to determine whether or not the original engine has been replaced/swapped? The carfax indicated no engine replacement, so I wasn't sure whether or not there was any way for me to correlate the engine with the VIN in some way. Thanks in advance!

Chris

No. Modern car engine are built with a part number and have no correlation to the vehicle hence the term numbers matching will no longer be a term used when these cars become the age of a classic. It's not unlikely that is the original engine Ford spent a lot of $$$ for the 4.6L to be long lived and leak free.