V1 S-trim tune help

PayUpSuka

May 7, 2007
Little history first...

Bought the car about a month ago. Was a running/driving '89 LX vert. Stock bottom 302, TFS Stage 1, Explorer intake, 30lb injectors/MAF, V1 s-trim pullied for 6 lbs and a PMS piggyback ecu.

Tried messing with the PMS and had no luck, i had a spare mircosquirt so i jumped and bought the EFI Source pnp adapter harness. Got it all wired and did some basic drivabilty then moved on, did a few decent pulls and quickly i found out the 30 lb'ers where just way to small. So I swapped in some deka 60's i had. Get it on the dyno at work and it cranked out just over 320whp. Not bad for a non-innercooled setup.

Overall it drives pretty good... It's just low-speed parking lot is a little jerky and sometimes it'll idle surge (this is a bit weird to me, sometimes it's fine with a clutch kick in and sometimes i need to drag the engine rpm down in gear then push the clutch in within 1k rpm of idle for it to behave)

Attachments

• Vert Tuneup as of 6.5.20.msq
    119.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Sponsors (?)

deadtimes are incorrect for the injectors but since it is not sequential its not as important.
disable overrun fuel cut
wideband settings.. advanced mode P-25 I-40 D-5
AFR table is meh
need to rescale VE table for appropriate boost level
you should watch my videos for setting up CL idle

Finally got the trans replaced and been driving the car. Around 6700 of 8449 is when it hunts. It doesn't do it all the time, only sometimes.

Attachments

• 2020-07-07_17.10.46.mlg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51