v6 to v8

blackstang04

Apr 26, 2004
alright, so I just bought a v6 mustang, i love it, i plan on doing some exterior modifications to it, like new rims, tints, and a saleen body kit. I eventually also want to upgrade my v6 to a v8. First of all, whats the largest engine I would be able to fit in my stang? Second thing is how much would these engines be priced at? And third of all, is it worth it to replace the engine if i'm going to do all these outside mods to my car? or would i be better off just waiting to buy a gt or cobra, someday and do all these mods to her? I really don't plan on doing most of this for a long time, i plan on saving a ton of money up before I do it. Anyways get back to me on this, i don't know to much about mustangs, cause i'm only 16 and I would love to here what everyone has to say about all this, I am dedicated to my car tho, and really want to mod it. Thanks again

• Sponsors (?)

I am planning on going from my currect 3.8L engine to a 5.0L engine.

I know in my 86 LX I can fit a big block (400+ CI) in the engine bay,but I am only putting in a 302 for insurance reasons.It depends on how long you plan on having the car,and what you really wanna do with it.What year is the car?I say go for whatever you wanna do,and put in however large of an engine you want to/cana fford to.But if you plan on uying a GT or Cobra in the enar future and getitng rid of this car,then just leave it stock except for a few bolt-on mods that are relitivley cheap.

if you want to swap the 6 out then be different and do an FE bigblock swap. a 360 truck block can be scored for next to nothing. drop a 428 rotating assembly with 410 mercury maruader pistons into the 360 and you have 410 inches of bigblock power. the FE bigblocks use the same fireing order as the older 302`s and 351`s so a fuel injection system would not be much of a problem if that`s what you want. yes it may be a dinosaur engine but an FE in a late model mustang would be a nice idea

best motor be the 32v cobra for you, but you prolly can't swollow the labor charges nor have the skill to do the job, so you stuck with the v6 less you wanna run back to ford and take advantage of the 14 days trial period and get a gt or whatever