• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

V8 Drama

  • Thread starter Thread starter Penguin
  • Start date Start date May 26, 2004
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Active Member
Oct 23, 2003
115
1
28
SC
May 26, 2004
#1
  • May 26, 2004
  • #1
Here's a V8 drama story for you. V8's

So I was heading home tonight cruising in the '66 and I pass this guy who's on a side street to my right. He's got his left blinker on. I pass him and go down a hill. He comes up behind me and goes to the fast lane. We get up to a light with a car in front of both of us. He revs/accelerates (automatic) toward the car in front of him. I laugh. He looked to be around his 20's. I pass the car in the fast lane and he flies up behind me and gets beside me. He then accelerates really hard around the corner we were getting to. He goes into the median. At the next light he continues to mash the pedal and kinda catch the tires. 2 cars ahead of us here also. He gets around both of them and at the next light does a huge U-turn and takes off. I laughed again. Maybe it's just me but when a newer Dodge Ram tries to race a '66 Mustang with an Inline-6.... it's funny. Not to mention the fact that he went out of his way to do it.
After that whole episode I'm still cruising along and I passed a 90's Ford Ranger who did the rev/accelerate thing to me...

Also, that's not the first Dodge Ram or Ranger who wanted to race my '66. Why do they always want to race me in my old car? It's not that loud. Sometimes I wish I drove the '01 GT more often so I could shut them up.

DOWN WITH TRUCKS... Boooo Hissssss
 
F

faststang_728

Founding Member
Jan 30, 2002
558
0
0
Greenbrier, WV
May 26, 2004
#2
  • May 26, 2004
  • #2
I had a Ranger rev at me today too. LOL
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

D
97 V6 suspension upgrades
  • Dale1bre
  • Jan 18, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
434
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jan 19, 2026
Noobz347
3rd person help with a Chevy issue
  • LILCBRA
  • Feb 13, 2025
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
11
Views
549
Other Auto Tech Apr 20, 2025
LILCBRA
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
274
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
257
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Sep 26, 2026
manicmechanic007
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
404
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?