Vacuum line under intake 5.0

Lawdawg86

Sep 30, 2020
Arkansas
Anyone know they factory size for that fitting under there? Mine has come off, I’ve got another hose going to it right now that’s temporary but, omg you talk about a biotch to reach your hand in there to fish that through and get it on that barbed fitting. I had replaced it the other day when the original one had collapsed, and just found some hose in the shop for temporary until I could find the correct hose. I don’t want to take the intake off just to get it on the barb but crap it’s a pain in the butt trying to reach in there just to plug that up. What have y’all done?

• Sponsors (?)

I've always pulled the intake to deal with the darned thing (which hasn't been all that often), as much of a pain in the rear it is to pull it, I can do that in 20 minutes and be done with it (and the gasket is usually reusable). Some folks have reported using long-reach medical forceps and other exotic tools to get there. The original hose would help determine the barb-size, I apologize I don't know off-hand.

Reactions: 1 user
I've always pulled the intake to deal with the darned thing (which hasn't been all that often), as much of a pain in the rear it is to pull it, I can do that in 20 minutes and be done with it (and the gasket is usually reusable). Some folks have reported using long-reach medical forceps and other exotic tools to get there. The original hose would help determine the barb-size, I apologize I don't know off-hand.
Yeah I’ve got the original hose still it’s so rotted and squishy it’s hard to tell what size it is. I got the pain in the ass on there, but if it comes off again I’m taking the intake off and getting some hose that won’t come off. My big ass hand wouldn’t fit up on there so I had to shine a light through there and snake it till I could fill the barbed end and shove it on there. It’s no biggie for me to take it off it’s just one of them things you would have thought Ford would have made it just a hair easier, but hey, you add a intake gasket, new hose, and labor to a bill then Ford got their original plan accomplished