Value of a 1971 Mach 1?

pcarlson

Aug 16, 2006
Hey guys,

In my now never-ending search for parts, I happened to run across a classic car sales place that had a 1971 Mach1 for sale. I thought it was a good deal, and I was hoping some people would chime in with a rough price range for what the car is worth (in SoCal $$$ if possible). I'll try to go over everything I can remember.

1971 Mach 1

- 351 Ram Air, numbers matching. Engine runs well.
- Yellow exterior with black trim, black interior.

The paint is decent, but would need to be re-done as it is getting old. There are a few dings with surface rust, but the body is very very straight. No deep rust in the typical areas (doors, fenders, etc).

I got under the car and there was no rust that I could see on the floors.

The interior was pretty solid, but it had some minor work to be done.

So... with all that in mind, what do you guys think it would be worth?

$15k... $20k+?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys,

In my now never-ending search for parts, I happened to run across a classic car sales place that had a 1971 Mach1 for sale. I thought it was a good deal, and I was hoping some people would chime in with a rough price range for what the car is worth (in SoCal $$$ if possible). I'll try to go over everything I can remember.

1971 Mach 1

- 351 Ram Air, numbers matching. Engine runs well.
- Yellow exterior with black trim, black interior.

The paint is decent, but would need to be re-done as it is getting old. There are a few dings with surface rust, but the body is very very straight. No deep rust in the typical areas (doors, fenders, etc).

I got under the car and there was no rust that I could see on the floors.

The interior was pretty solid, but it had some minor work to be done.

So... with all that in mind, what do you guys think it would be worth?

$15k... $20k+?

Thanks!
Some more info is needed:

Is it a 4V or 2V 351
auto or stick
is all of the ram air assembly there?
fold down rear seat?
tach?

I wasn't able to take very many notes on the car, and I'm also not familiar with Mach 1s.... so I didn't know what to look for as far as options go.

From what I remember, I would say:

4v
Everything there for ram air
it did have the fold-down rear seat
yes on the tach