Valve Cover And Throttle Body Clearance Problem

SS0317

May 18, 2015
Help needed!!! Hi I'm looking for some advice as I just installed new for racing tall valve covers, I'm running a tubular gt40 upper, now the problem is on the tb side, I have a 70 mm edelbrock elbow with a 70mm BBK edelbrock tb and that's where the oil fill cap from the valve cover hits it, Tb won't even go on, is there a specific setup for this? I just ordered the 1" spacer for the lower and upper intake manifold but for the looks of it it will still hit it. Please help

• Sponsors (?)

The Ford Racing "5.0" valve covers don't work with our cars due to the intake manifold inlet bend. If you compare the Fox3 valve covers with the SN95, you can see that the oil filler neck on the SN95 valve cover was pushed forward by a good amount. This was done to clear the throttle body.

You have a couple of options to fix this. 1) Do the fox body throttle conversion - there's a lot of info on how to do this. 2) switch back to stock SN95 valve covers, or 3) modify the ford racing covers - requires a good amount of fabrication.

There are a lot of little details like this on the SN95 5.0 cars that makes modifications trickier than a on foxbody. Our cars are kind of a black-sheep mustang since they were only made for two years.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Thanks for the response, is there a Tb you recommend, or can I just get the spacer for the tb? Here are some pics of what I'm working with, please let me know what you think!, also I'm connecting a vortech V1 to it, would switching to the fox tb, mess anything else?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 838