vert rear seat delete?? help me find one...

Mar 31, 2005
I know ive seen a rear seat delete for 94+ convertables for sale somewhere... now that i actually NEED to get one, i cant find it for the life of me, does anyone have a clue, or could you give me some kind of direction as to what dimensions i should cut it and what all is involved in making one? Thanks, Kyle

• Sponsors (?)

When I made one for my COUPE, I just took everything out, and did rought cuts, then got all the curves down and trimmed a few times then carpeted and put it in. But Im not sure of the differences in a vert.

Kyle, Don John made one for his vert (pics are on his site, IIRC).

Otherwise, did you try Crystalworks?

Good luck.

i know its just a different shape, and you also have to have to attach the convertable top pocket after carpeting, but that should juts screw in. i was thinking about making the top piece solid where the covertable top pocket attaches, and have the rest on a hinge to fold down for a fold down rear seat so i could fit more storage in the car when i need it... im looking for any tips really, and also what to use for adhesive for the carpeting, and also how does it attach in place of the seat?? I would love to be able to just order it and install it, but im also sort on funds so i could just take some time and do it myself. Either way, i NEED to have it done by next friday.

thanks, but whats crystalworks? i googled it and i didnt find anything.
oh and btw, whats don john's name on SN? i know its close, but it cant be exactly that because i cant find it on the members list, unless im just that out of it?

Here's Donjohn.

And here's Crystalworks.

If you need this so soon, I think building your own is the best bet (you can email Crystalworks and ask. IIRC, the guys name is Joseph and he was nice enough to email back and forth with).

I spent a few hours making the one for my coupe but I had the seatback portion folding down as well as an inset lid in the butt area to put stuff under the seat. Working with dual hinges took a little time.

You could use 3M adhesive. I used some upholstery plugs (they have black cap heads) at the corners and hard points of attachment (on the back and bottom - out of sight).

Good luck.

thanks, thats exactly what i was looking for, he gives some advice to removal of old and installation of new as well. BTW, its scary how similar don john's car and mine are...
IMG_0881.jpg