Resolved Very confusing electronic issue

Threads that have been [Resolved] by the OP or Moderator

christiangeorge426

Jul 7, 2023
Okay guys this one has me puzzled. I took my 95 GT into a shop for a new radiator and hoes because the old one was leaking.
My issue started with when I turn the head lights on and go to start it. No start. I turn them off and it cranks just fine, if the lights are on and I hit the windshield washer fluid it won't spray, turn the lights off it will spark. And when the lights are one the left signal indicator is dimly lit and the left headlight is flickering and dim as well as the turn signal is flicking fast, what could this issue be?

• Sponsors (?)

That can actually cause the engine not to start if the lights are on?

If you are drawing enough current away from the starter... Absolutely. You do indeed have a short that you need to track down. Do you know how to use a multimeter (even a test light will do)?

Yeah... Leaking hoes are the worst. Maybe get her an Uber to the emergency room. :O_o:

On my 91 I had a issue like that once, it was literally driving me nuts, I would hit the brake and the stereo would cut out, the car would also die at random times and didn't wanna start, put the turning signal on and the dash lights would cut out.

Back in those days I was into throwing parts at the problem instead of trying to figure things out, I think I even bought a new distributor, lol, you know what it was? 3 dollar ground strap that goes from behind the block to the firewall, 3 bucks.

It was green with corrosion and I found it quite by accident, a buddy was walking by and he said " dude you car just arced behind the motor" the rest as they say is history, it's always something stupid.