very useful tech, head gasket water passage size

jammer84_03

Nov 30, 2003
i had a problem the other day when replacing my head gaskets, it said in frpp's sidenotes that i may need to modify the head gasket in order for the coolant to flow properly. in my infinate wisdom i tore into a set of a302 frpp head gaskets with a file and a dremel to match the gasket to the block and head. but new news to me when i talked to a good engine builder buddy of mine today he said i needed to leave them there, even if it was blocking flow. so i talked to another good friend of mine who got in touch with some engineers over at ford. the reason behind the blocked pasages was for proper coolant distribution to the entire engine. certain parts of the gasket only have small passages to let pressure build in the engine so that the coolant goes where it needs to and not so "free flow". so $80 dollers later i learned my lesson by experience and am passing it on to the rest of the community. enjoy - james

• Sponsors (?)

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...908331+4294924385+4294908282+115&autoview=sku

nope. the gt had 11.65 rotors in the front from 94-04 stock. yes you are correct though with the cobras being the same for the rear. please do some searching before you call someone out though please. i've done alot of reading. before i do something to may car, i make sure i've researched it to its fullest, even if its something small, it can do alot of damamge

p.s. i do know that this fms piece is a piece for looks and has pratically no performance value even though it is cross drilled and slotted, gains are minimal at best. im just using the site for the description on the rotor outside diameter.

doing some more reading....im gonna go measure the disks in the morning and see what is. i was told 11.65 in the beginning, i might have got it all mixed up but i was positive the pbr's were the aformensioned size. and i did notice the rear on the site. clicked the wrong link. other links are 11.00 so i think i had a huge brain lapse. more reading and some measuing will tell...lol

lol thats fine. i went through the same thing with mine. ended up going with 13" / 11.65" just because the Cobra rears didnt cost any more than the GT rears. Also I was running 13" front brakes with 9" rear drums for quite a while. It worked surprisingly well. glad this didnt turn into a flame war over rotors. that site^^was my brake bible. a fox with cobra brakes is one of the slowest cars around (and that's a good thing). :nice: i cant wait to put those 13" brakes on my taurus (i want to get a wagon instead of a sedan, first) lol

well....i stand corrected. read the sn95 site (the original one... ( http://sn95brakes.cjb.net/ ) i read to start this all off...new site design now) and on a previous post i was corrected last year when i bought it because of a typo on a listing i got the brake setup from. it is the 10.9 that daggar had pointed out to me. dont know why i have that in my sig though. so it will be changed now that i look like a idiot...lol