Viable Rubber fuel line replacement?

doctorj357

5 Year Member
Aug 7, 2018
Michigan
Can anyone point me to a good replacement for the rubber fuel supply line under the hood? I discovered the inner nylon tube just before the spring lock connector has a crack in it and just drips drips drips. I threw a hose clamp on there and that stopped the leaking temporarily, but I'd like to fix it right. Anyone have any recommendations?

• Sponsors (?)

This thread discusses a popular alternative with part numbers: https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/1995-gt-rubber-fuel-lines.877769/

You'll wind up with a set of braided lines to the rails, which should prove much more safe and reliable than the stock nylon. There are some hassles with the larger line fitting, which will require some cutting to use a compression-type AN fitting or some alteration of the fitting itself to clear the oddball flares at the end of the hard-line. The thread discusses some alternatives.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
If you are just looking to fix the problem without added expense, you can get fuel injection hose at most auto parts stores. Last time I bought it, it came in a box. You will also need fuel injection fuel line clamps.

Kurt