• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech

Volvo FMIC intercooler years...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Papa Georgio
  • Start date Start date Jan 16, 2004

Papa Georgio

New Member
Sep 30, 2003
136
0
0
Jan 16, 2004
#1
  • Jan 16, 2004
  • #1
I want to put a volvo FMIC intercooler in my car, then eventually sink in a turbo. Just wondering what years and models these FMIC intercoolers came in. Also what difference it would make to my car, if any? Thanks
 

kiddiccarus

The first widely accepted Tranny
20+ Year Stangneter
Dec 24, 2003
1,789
1,051
143
30 Mins from a Ragged GT
Jan 16, 2004
#2
  • Jan 16, 2004
  • #2
Volvo Part number-1317319 This is referred to as the "Volvo Intercooler" because there is only one design in the US cars
 
D

DJ

New Member
Sep 25, 2000
6
0
0
BRADENTON, FL
Jan 16, 2004
#3
  • Jan 16, 2004
  • #3
Volvo IC

Papa Georgio said:
I want to put a volvo FMIC intercooler in my car, then eventually sink in a turbo. Just wondering what years and models these FMIC intercoolers came in. Also what difference it would make to my car, if any? Thanks
Click to expand...

I have a Volvo IC sitting in my shop. I went 5.0 so I don't need it anymore. I'll sell it for $40 plus shipping from 34212. I think I still have the 2 aluminum charge pipes that go with it too.
 

Brantley

Founding Member
Feb 29, 2000
1,329
0
0
Memphis, TN
Jan 16, 2004
#4
  • Jan 16, 2004
  • #4
If I understood your question right, you asked that for now will an intercooler improve anything on a N/A engine... answer to that one is no. How can you cool off ambient air (intake charge) with an intercooler that uses ambient air for heat transfer?
 

Papa Georgio

New Member
Sep 30, 2003
136
0
0
Jan 16, 2004
#5
  • Jan 16, 2004
  • #5
Thanks for the info Brantly,

DJ, Hi, Yes I definatly do want your intercooler. What other parts do I need to install it properly?
Right now I am in the process of parting out an 86, when I get money for that, or when I get paid next (whichever comes first). I will send you down some money for that intercooler. Are you interested at all in parts off of an 86 2.3L.. Thanks
 

Papa Georgio

New Member
Sep 30, 2003
136
0
0
Jan 16, 2004
#6
  • Jan 16, 2004
  • #6
I also have a set of taillights from the 86 if anyones interested
 
D

DJ

New Member
Sep 25, 2000
6
0
0
BRADENTON, FL
Jan 16, 2004
#7
  • Jan 16, 2004
  • #7
ok, sounds good to me. Just email me and let me know. Heres a link to a write up on the Volvo IC install:

http://www.rothfam.com/svo/volvo/volvostart.htm


Djohn10@tampabay.rr.com
 

Papa Georgio

New Member
Sep 30, 2003
136
0
0
Jan 17, 2004
#8
  • Jan 17, 2004
  • #8
Thanks for the link, Does anyone else have any links like this one? I still need to get a turbo and computer for my stang...
 

yellow5.0cobra

Founding Member
Jul 25, 2002
2,849
0
0
In the garage, On the floor.
Jan 17, 2004
#9
  • Jan 17, 2004
  • #9
I also have a Volvo intercooler, it isnt worth a damn to me.
 

yellow5.0cobra

Founding Member
Jul 25, 2002
2,849
0
0
In the garage, On the floor.
Jan 18, 2004
#10
  • Jan 18, 2004
  • #10
Papa Georgio said:
I also have a set of taillights from the 86 if anyones interested
Click to expand...
How much?

Includes complete housing?
 

Papa Georgio

New Member
Sep 30, 2003
136
0
0
Jan 18, 2004
#11
  • Jan 18, 2004
  • #11
Yes there is complete housing with it, make me an offer for the taillights, I want your intercooler papa_georgio69@hotmail.com. I live in Kelowna, B.C.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
180
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
Opinions on a possible project car w/ pics
  • Teen'93stang5.0
  • Mar 29, 2026
  • 2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech
Replies
10
Views
359
2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech Mar 30, 2026
Teen'93stang5.0
C
Paxton novi 1200SL
  • Cambo617
  • Oct 9, 2025
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
0
Views
194
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Oct 9, 2025
Cambo617
C
T5 identification
  • 3054tony
  • May 16, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
25
Views
617
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 20, 2026
AeroCoupe
C
Help with manual conversion
  • CPH89LX
  • Aug 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
457
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
2000xp8
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?