Vortech Power Cooler on Novi 2000

JymboSlice

Dec 9, 2008
Can you combine a vortech power cooler with a paxton novi 2000? Or are the paxtons only workable with there own air to air intercooler... vortech guys put a paxton air to air on their cars, so why couldnt the powercooler be adaptable to work on a paxton?

• Sponsors (?)

I ran that combo for three years. They don't line up perfectly, but you can make it work with some "gentle"" nudging. All kidding aside, it takes a little bit of elbow grease and some cussing but you can get a section of silicone tubing on the discharge tube on the blower to line up with the inlet on the power cooler relatively simply. You might consider a 22.5 and a 45 degree bend to make it a a little easier. The cooler inlet will sit about 1,5 inches further back than the discharge of the blower, the angle on the inlet is also not well matched up to the blower.....even by clocking it. Also the cooler inlet is 2.75" and the blower outlet is 3" so you either have to get really manly with a good t-bolt clamp to make it seal properly,or you need a reducer. The reducer shouldn't be too hard to find. It's the combination of the offset and the angle you really have to consider because, if you don't, it will put a crease in your tubing (but that shouldn't be a problem once you get into boost). I was considering running both air-to-air and air to water simultaneously, but I decided against it. If you haven't bought one, I have one holding down the floor of my house right now, but its for a twin bore throttle body. PM me if you are interested.