Vortech SQ V2 - Stock Pulley Size

Revman

Dec 27, 2011
Sachse, TX
I'm on a 4th rebuild of my 99gt and Vortech SQV2. I don't want to go into the reason for the rebuilds but my question is regarding the size of the stock pulley they have with the original 99 Vortech kit. I had the first one in Texas on my 99 - and I think it's an 8#. I'm considering the option to move to more boost (smaller pulley). Best tune on the car has been 395RWHP and 402TQ. I am using the same chip from last tune. Have yet to do anything over 3k rpms - still breaking the motor in. Sounds awesome so far. Maybe 10# boost?

Anyone with suggestions on additionally what I might need to do - you can see in my sig what I have done to the car...there is no intercooler...yet? :)

What should I expect in additional HP?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

If you want more psi I'd add an intercooler or a meth setup.... once that is setup with your forged rotating assembly then you can pick what ever sized pulley you want. :)

I also have a v2 s trim. Vortech informed me that pulleys can't be rated by psi due to so many variables in different engines. I can tell u this, ur blower came stock with a 3.60 pulley. Dropping one pulley size can gain u 1-2 psi. Where ur not intercooled u shouldnt go too far from where u r at. Intake temps will increase, along with chance of pre-mature failure. I make 414rwhp on my forged stroker with 8psi, mild tune. I'm dropping from my 3.60 pulley to a 3.40 pulley( 2 sizes) heading for 12#. I've recently seen a gt with less mods than mine make 465rwhp @12#.

Also I reccomend a Anderson power pipe. It will give u 2moreish psi. As far as a intercooler and piping. I'm selling all mine cheap. I re did all of mine because I'm converting to a blow thru mafs and atmospheric bov. I also have a brand new sniper bazooka 95mm mafs to go with it all free shipping!