Vortech v-3 si VS Paxton novi 1220

91foxbod50

Sep 26, 2007
Hey guys, im lookin around for a quick mod for my fox and set my mind to put a blower on it. What is the better supercharger out of the both of them?

Ive read that the only supporting mod needed is a good upper and lower intake.

• Sponsors (?)

I'd personally say the only true supporting mods would be fuel system and maybe a new MAF. After the experience one of the other members here had with BuyFordRacing.com, I can't recommend them in good faith, but they do have a great deal on some 42lb. injectors and Lightning MAF for $279 (link). My experience with them was actually positive, but I didn't have to contact their customer service for any reason. By the way, did you want this in 94-95 Talk? You mentioned that it's for a Fox.

I'd personally say the only true supporting mods would be fuel system and maybe a new MAF. After the experience one of the other members here had with BuyFordRacing.com, I can't recommend them in good faith, but they do have a great deal on some 42lb. injectors and Lightning MAF for $279 (link). My experience with them was actually positive, but I didn't have to contact their customer service for any reason. By the way, did you want this in 94-95 Talk? You mentioned that it's for a Fox.

^^^ Pretty much.

You don't NEED a new upper/lower, but you will see better gains with something that isn't stock.

Many guys have issues with FMU's. The injectors are a good idea, as well as a MAF is, especially if you plan to make more power down the road. Don't forget about the fuel pump unless you're buying a kit that comes with one. Even so, it isn't a bad idea to upgrade the in-tank pump.

EDIT: As far as your question goes, I can only tell you what I think about my V1 s-trim. So far it has performed as advertised and caused me no specific problems. It does what it's supposed to do and it does it well. The new trims are bound to be even better if you plan to install yourself because of the self contained oil making it so you don't have to tap your oil pan or hook up to your oil pressure sender from the block for your feed.

So install was easy? This will be my first install. What kind of fp do you suggest. I just put a new one in but it wasn't anything special as far as injectors and maff what should I be looking for
Posted via Mobile Device

Would I say the install was easy? No, probably not. I would say that with an extra set of hands for a few parts, reading the instructions through many times before beginning the install, and ensuring you have ALL of the tools listed as required for the install can make for a task you can handle.

42# injectors are a common injector size used with FI combos. You can get a lightning meter as suggested already or look to PMAS to get one. I put a Walbro pump in my tank and used the in-line that came with my Vortech kit as well. The Walbro was the high pressure model which is what you should get if you decide to upgrade your in-tank. It was a 255lph HP pump and when I bought it was just over $100 on eBay.