Vortech V2-SQ S-trim or V1 S-trim Users come in

mat82284

Jul 31, 2003
I just ordered a Vortech V2-SQ S-trim and im just looking to break the 500hp mark right now, ideally i would like 550hp but 500 would be fine. I was hoping that there are a few users who have broken this with this unit then please fill in the table below as much as possible. Thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time to fill this out.

1) Supercharger Model

2) Mustang Year

3) Supercharger Boost/pulley info

4) Intercooled or not, or if using vortech aftercooler please specify.

5) Fuel mods, Stock Tank or cobra tank, what fuel pump/s and injectors?

6) Any engine mods, Heads, Cams, and so on.

7) Are you using the stock plastic intake or aftermarket, or new ford metal intake?

8) What engine setup, forged, stroked, bored, and what compression ratio?

• Sponsors (?)

1) Supercharger Model v2sq

2) Mustang Year 1998 block

3) Supercharger Boost/pulley info 3.12" pulley...10lbs right now

4) Intercooled or not, or if using vortech aftercooler please specify. a/a front mount intercooler

5) Fuel mods, Stock Tank or cobra tank, what fuel pump/s and injectors? 255lph fuel pump, stock tank, BBK boost a pump, 42lb injectors, stock rails

6) Any engine mods, Heads, Cams, and so on. 281 stroked to 302, vt stage 2 port and polished heads, custom grind MPH cams

7) Are you using the stock plastic intake or aftermarket, or new ford metal intake? pi intake, C&L plenum

8) What engine setup, forged, stroked, bored, and what compression ratio? 9.8:1 compression, 281 stroked to 302, all forged internals, 7qt pan, vt gears, see sig

see above

I am also shooting for 500-550rwhp next year or so. I will finally have the money to do what I want with my car. I have done some re-search into this exact same topic and have found a few guys pushing 550rwhp with a s-trim. All of them however are running FMICs witch for me is not a option because out here in natzifornia (cali) I need to at least apear legal and cops look for FMICs.

There is a guy on modularfords that is trying to hit 550rwhp with a s-trim and aftercooler that I am waiting to hear back from and will shoot you a PM with his combo and numbers when I get it if you want.

If money and smog arent a issue I would go with a vortech heavy duty T-trim and a FMIC. There are people pushing over 600rwhp with similar combos. If you really want room to grow I would go with a paxton novi 2000. That blower is a beast and is said to support up to 1000hp.

If you dont plan on ever pushing more then 600rwhp then you can stick with your cast crank and just throw in some good forged pistons and rods and boost away. Thats what I plan to do.

As far as fuel system I would go with a Fore precission kit with twin ford gt pumps and modified FPDM and you should be set as the pumps flow 315lph a piece.

I am also shooting for 500-550rwhp next year or so. I will finally have the money to do what I want with my car. I have done some re-search into this exact same topic and have found a few guys pushing 550rwhp with a s-trim. All of them however are running FMICs witch for me is not a option because out here in natzifornia (cali) I need to at least apear legal and cops look for FMICs.

There is a guy on modularfords that is trying to hit 550rwhp with a s-trim and aftercooler that I am waiting to hear back from and will shoot you a PM with his combo and numbers when I get it if you want.

If money and smog arent a issue I would go with a vortech heavy duty T-trim and a FMIC. There are people pushing over 600rwhp with similar combos. If you really want room to grow I would go with a paxton novi 2000. That blower is a beast and is said to support up to 1000hp.

If you dont plan on ever pushing more then 600rwhp then you can stick with your cast crank and just throw in some good forged pistons and rods and boost away. Thats what I plan to do.

As far as fuel system I would go with a Fore precission kit with twin ford gt pumps and modified FPDM and you should be set as the pumps flow 315lph a piece.

Lol i actually live In CA as well, and im near Sacramento as well. Honestly i had a front mount intercooler sticking out of my car for over a year now and been pulled over for no front plate, but never once did they say anything about my supercharger setup. front mounts come stock on Roush's and saleens so thats also a possibility why im not bothered. Since i dont look like a regular gt. But if you really want a front mount and want to hide it, just paint it the same color as your bumper and it will hide it, or get a roush front and paint it black, then you wont be able to see it behind the black honey comb grill. I actually painted the heat exchanger silver to have it show and removed my front honey comb grill, and have never been harassed. I just found out that a guy from another forum is running a SVT focus pump at 530hp and he still had a little room left.

Im just going to get a boost a pump since it'll only be used a tad bit, it'll mostly just be there as a precaution i don't hit boost to often.

If you really want to be 100% smog legal get a vortech aftercooler.

Edit:
Actually you should take a look at this thread, the photo shows an intercooler with a gt bumper and its barely noticeable perfect for CA.

http://forums.stangnet.com/660533-need-help-intercooler.html

I have been kicking around the A/A and A/W intercooler thing for a while now. mostly because of cost and because the vortech kit will only support 680hp max. the problem with that is that around 550rwhp it becomes a restriction. Suposedly vortech will be coming out with a higher capacity A/W unit soon that should support somewhere around 750rwhp or so. If that happens I will stick with the vortech.

What color is your saleen by chance? Do you have a friend with a grey mach1 and black saleens by chance?

I have been kicking around the A/A and A/W intercooler thing for a while now. mostly because of cost and because the vortech kit will only support 680hp max. the problem with that is that around 550rwhp it becomes a restriction. Suposedly vortech will be coming out with a higher capacity A/W unit soon that should support somewhere around 750rwhp or so. If that happens I will stick with the vortech.

What color is your saleen by chance? Do you have a friend with a grey mach1 and black saleens by chance?

Lol i take it you didnt see read Signature, I have a 2000 Gt Mustang that i completely cloned into a Roush. I only bought the saleen supercharger because i got it for $1400, I actually just sold it for 2.1k and bought the vortech v2-sq for $1.9k used so i swapped superchargers and made a small amount of cash minus shipping. I cant wait to get my car built, but im starting to think i might not throw the vortech on for a few months and run NA because i dont want to be at the tuner and have him say, o a smaller pulley would get you to 550hp or your fuel ran out at 450hp or something, so i want to get it all situated before paying $500 for a tune. I heard the SVT focus pump is good for 500hp but im not sure, i wish someone on here tried that or has that setup to be for sure. I know that with heads, and cams ill be pushing less boost which helps on the fuel part a tad.

I was trying to figure out what size vortech pulleys create what boost at, is there a list somewhere?

btw my car is silver, with black stripes.

I have never seen a chart that will help determine psi. Generally speaking the smallest pulley you can safely run on a vortech s-trim will get you about 14 to 16.

To bad you already have a sct livewire because My dyno guy wouldnt charge you $500 for a tune. Who is going to tune your car BTW? Dont tell me forcefed.

I was wondering about the color of your car because there was a couple of guys at my old apartment that tried screwing with me on highway 50 and thought it might have been you because I have seen very few saleens in sac.

I just ordered a Vortech V2-SQ S-trim and im just looking to break the 500hp mark right now, ideally i would like 550hp but 500 would be fine. I was hoping that there are a few users who have broken this with this unit then please fill in the table below as much as possible. Thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time to fill this out.

1) Supercharger Model...Vortec V2-SQ

2) Mustang Year 96 Cobra

3) Supercharger Boost/pulley info Stock s-trim 8lbs

4) Intercooled or not, or if using vortech aftercooler please specify. No

5) Fuel mods, Stock Tank or cobra tank, what fuel pump/s and injectors? 42lb injectors, no FMU, in tank pump, Kenne Bell boost-a-pump

6) Any engine mods, Heads, Cams, and so on. NO!!!! Not necessary!

7) Are you using the stock plastic intake or aftermarket, or new ford metal intake?...Mine's a 4V, but it's a stock intake. For a 2V...better get the aluminum intake.

8) What engine setup, forged, stroked, bored, and what compression ratio?
...Stock 4V cobra motor...8.5:1 compression was stock.

500RWHP is possible with a 2V, but get a methanol kit installed with your set up...no intercooler...meth acts as an intercooler...and for 500RWHP...you'll need 14psi. L/T's headers will help as well. They aren't so good on an N/A set up but with boost...they are good for an additional 40-60RWHP.

still working out the bugs with my set up. yea its the novi 2000, but im only pushing 14 psi with the 3.0 pulley. it got me 506 rwhp but i should be making closer to 520. so i have to look into that in the summer.

good luck. it can be done on the vortechs but you will be spinning them very hard.

still working out the bugs with my set up. yea its the novi 2000, but im only pushing 14 psi with the 3.0 pulley. it got me 506 rwhp but i should be making closer to 520. so i have to look into that in the summer.

good luck. it can be done on the vortechs but you will be spinning them very hard.

or if you have had engine work...heads/cams, etc...and then you won't have to spin as hard...around 10-12 psi...

I have never seen a chart that will help determine psi. Generally speaking the smallest pulley you can safely run on a vortech s-trim will get you about 14 to 16.

To bad you already have a sct livewire because My dyno guy wouldnt charge you $500 for a tune. Who is going to tune your car BTW? Dont tell me forcefed.

I was wondering about the color of your car because there was a couple of guys at my old apartment that tried screwing with me on highway 50 and thought it might have been you because I have seen very few saleens in sac.

The s trim is rated to 20psi, but im sure its not all that good up top. As for the tune I wouldnt ever go to force fed, I went to a company that has lots of experience under there belt and the car has been perfect, never had any issues at all, so i was going to go back to him.

BRG Motorcycle Racing Dyno Services

Lol i have been taunted by so many mustangs i just laugh when they try anything. I'm not a street racer and people always try to get me to race and i just look and then look away. I like my car and street racing would screw up insurance, as well as possible impounds and such. To much risk. Thats why i stick with the track. Now im worried though i might need a roll cage before i can go because if i break 11.50 im screwed at sac raceway.

or if you have had engine work...heads/cams, etc...and then you won't have to spin as hard...around 10-12 psi...

We'll when i my engine is getting rebuilt next week, he is porting my heads and putting cams in so this is good to know. I think the only thing holding me back is going to be my single svt focus fuel pump. Does anyone know the max hp with these pumps?

You are going to need a lot more fuel....get a boost a pump, cheaper...you could get a cobra tank and dual pumps....but getting a boost will save you some cash..

Yeah im looking for a temp fix, dual tanks will be next years mod. I was actually looking at the bosh inline fuel pump, its 300lph and combined with my 217lph focus pump thats a whoppin 517lph That should be plenty for 500-600hp or am i wrong?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:543|65:12|39:1|240:1318