Fox Vortech V3 SCI - MAF not hooked up

darryl paarman

Aug 13, 2013
ft bragg nc
In the process of removing my Vortech V3 SCI supercharge, I was taking of the filter and M.A.F in the fender well.
I found NO maf wiring harness at all. It has not been hooked up - at least since I purchased the car.
I felt around and cannot find the wire harness at all.
Can someone explain how it was running without the MAF ?
It does have a megasquirt PNP2. I will remove the fender liner tommorrow after work to see if i can find the harness.
I am rebuilding my engine and going with a Trick Flow top end kit., YES ,I am going back to N/A.

• Sponsors (?)

20191023_210916.jpg

Attachments

• 20191023_211018.jpg
    20191023_211018.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
The MS2PNP can be run MAF or SD likely it was tuned speed density hence no maf sensor.

if you need more info on the system i tune, repair, troubleshoot, upgrade, and do tuning classes on MS systems.

Reactions: 1 user
I would say yes, but Google isn't coming up with anything. Is it compatible with your existing fuel injectors or are you asking as a stand alone MAF sensor? Fuel injectors are color coded and indicate their size that way.

I currently have 60 lb injectors - but found my maf not hooked up. ( Vortech Supercharger ) I have a 75mm throttle body and this. I'm going back N/A with the Trick Flow top end kit. and if this is calibrated for 30 lb injectors, I already have a 75mm throttle body - I would just need to buy new injectors.

Last edited:
I'm in the process of returning to N/A . If the Mega squirt was tuned for speed density --- will i be able to work with what i have . I have a 75 mm throttle body and it looks like i have a 75mm maf calibrated to 30lb injectors. I am getting 30 lb injectors to match . ( please see pictures in my other post )
When i get my engine put back in the car ( with out the supercharger ) - will i be able to start it ? at least to set timing ?
OR will i have to get a tune 1st.

Last edited:
With the tuning software you can change the settings in the MS2 to run your MAF.
Providing you have a registered copy of the software (Tuner Studio).
a91what is the master with Megasquirt he can help you out, there is a digital tuning section of
this forum just for situations like yours.

Dont bother buying new injectors, we can make whatever you have work.
Just tell me what parts you want to make work together and I will help you make that happen.
The ECU you have can be tuned any number of ways, it does however have to be setup correctly for the installation.

It's not that hard to get setup, we just need to get connected to it. Does the car have a wideband installed?