• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

vortech

  • Thread starter Thread starter IApony
  • Start date Start date Apr 6, 2009

IApony

Member
Jan 15, 2008
44
1
9
IA
Apr 6, 2009
#1
  • Apr 6, 2009
  • #1
I am helping a buddy work on his 91 with 306 alum heads and vortech. I was curious if it neccesary to run the trex pump if he already has a 255lph pump in the tank. thanks
 

ShortThrow50

Member
Oct 22, 2006
923
2
16
Pa
Apr 7, 2009
#2
  • Apr 7, 2009
  • #2
I ran a s trim with a h/c/I about 8 psi. I had more than enough fuel with just a 255 intake
 

bubba-dough

Active Member
Dec 28, 2004
1,044
2
38
Indiana
Apr 7, 2009
#3
  • Apr 7, 2009
  • #3
A 255 should be plenty of fuel. I wouldn't run the FMU either. Get the proper size injectors.
 

ShortThrow50

Member
Oct 22, 2006
923
2
16
Pa
Apr 7, 2009
#4
  • Apr 7, 2009
  • #4
Yeah, I ran 42 pounders I should mention
 

IApony

Member
Jan 15, 2008
44
1
9
IA
Apr 7, 2009
#5
  • Apr 7, 2009
  • #5
thanks for the input. I will have to see what injectors he is using , I know it has the cobra intake, the alum heads ,and a cam
 

Cobra912

Active Member
May 1, 2005
1,777
11
39
Wish I was anywhere but here
Apr 8, 2009
#6
  • Apr 8, 2009
  • #6
I' m running just a 255 on my 331 with a paxton 1220SL 6 psi
 

IApony

Member
Jan 15, 2008
44
1
9
IA
Apr 8, 2009
#7
  • Apr 8, 2009
  • #7
I guess he might have an issue because I think he is running 24lb injectors. He bought this car with all of this stuff on it and were trying to fix the issues. Agian thanks for all the help.
 

bubba-dough

Active Member
Dec 28, 2004
1,044
2
38
Indiana
Apr 8, 2009
#8
  • Apr 8, 2009
  • #8
IApony said:
I guess he might have an issue because I think he is running 24lb injectors. He bought this car with all of this stuff on it and were trying to fix the issues. Agian thanks for all the help.
Click to expand...

What model Vortech is it?
24's will work with low boost and a FMU. Without a FMU its gonna need alot more injector. Just in case you don't know, FMU's are junk band-aids supplied by the manufacturer so that the customer won't have to by a new MAF & injectors. On a basic stock or bolt-on car with low boost you can get by with them as long as your tuning is really safe (we're talking base settings on things like timing and such). If the car ever goes to get a professional tune definately get a new MAF & injectors. FMU's wreak havoc for a tuner & pretty much throws a good reliable tune out the window.
 

IApony

Member
Jan 15, 2008
44
1
9
IA
Apr 8, 2009
#9
  • Apr 8, 2009
  • #9
I pretty sure his is a s trim running low boost and it does have the fmu. I know it also has a different throttle body and maf, I will have him check and see what they are.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
146
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
Cooling Jacket Pitting Idea's?
  • BoostedRed89gt
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
268
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2026
Mustang5L5
9
Engine Donor '00 Mountaineer meet '91 Fox
  • 91firecracker
  • May 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
41
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 28, 2026
91firecracker
9
B
Electrical Why does my fox body keep frying eecs
  • brandyn200
  • Jun 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
402
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 25, 2026
AeroCoupe
N
Engine 86 GT no start/stall
  • nweber
  • Jul 28, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
222
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 29, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?