Vorteck installed, Finally got a tune! (Results & pics...)

S.D.-Stangman

Founding Member
Jul 17, 2002
San Diego, Ca
Vortech installed, Finally got a tune! (Results & pics...)

Finally got my tune done today!

Well, I have to say I was Pleasantly surprised! The discharge tube kept popping off, but they welded a bead on the ends of the pipe and fixed it right up. I have to commend Shawn, Dave, Joe, and Bruce at JBA for their awesome customer service! I cant think of one other instance where I have walked out of a shop so completely satisfied! Good work you all!

FYI: SCT tune, Dyno Dynamics Dynomometer

Mods:
Vortech 8 psi non intercooled SQ Trim (stock 8psi pully)
Trick flow Plenum & 75mm Accufab TB
MAC Prochamber & MAC Flowpath catback
Stock internals, stock MAF, Autolite 103 plugs gapped at 0.035

Here are the pics and numbers (SAE):

dyno.jpg

dyno3.jpg

dyno1.jpg

dyno2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Red35th said:
Wow!!!! Awesome numbers man.

Which fuel pump are you running? It looks like it is running out of steam up top. Not a problem now, just might be something to look into later on.

The kit came with a 255 lb/hr pump. I didnt see the brand. As far as running out of steam up top, It actually popped the discharge tube loose at the head unit at the end of the run, so there is probably a little more there. We welded a bead around the ends of the pipe so the clamps would have something to grip. No more problems since!

AHHHH!!! I think the fuel pump you have is a Walbro 255 lph pump. It's a great pump, you just can't use it on our returnless cars. It's designed to run on the return style mustangs (pre 99).

I'd recommend looking into a Focus fuel pump really soon. After a few months the constant on and off of the returnless system will wear out the Walbro.

Check to make sure that the Walbro is what you have, if it is buy a focus fuel pump very soon. It's inexpensive and will do the trick.

EDIT: My running out of steam comment was on the a/f rising up to 12.5:1 by 6000 from 11.9:1 at 4500.

Good luck, and do look into the fuel pump situation.

I need to do the same thing, but I am on the east coast... Anyone know a good dyno and tuner anywhere near south jersey area? You guys think I can get close to that RWHP with my mods and a good Dyno tune??? See "My Garage"....