waiting on a type-X

Saleen4971

Mar 26, 2003
Setauket, LI
went to american autosound today so inquire abotu a few options. i either wanted 2 type-R's, or 2 audiobahn flame-q'a. after talkign fro a while, they got me to loking towards 3 type-R's and an M1001 amp, or a type-X and the same amp. once they get a type-x in, they're gonna give me a call. :) i cant wait

• Sponsors (?)

ryanrule said:
1000 rms with 3000 max? its not gonna be quiet

No, "quiet" isn't exactly the word I was thinking. BUT, it isn't going to touch the RE MT's, DD 9000's, MTX 9500's, Pioneer SPL's, Orion H2's, etc.
Think more along the lines of larger Focal woofers, or maybe Diamond Audio or, hell, Morel, since that's who's manufacturing them for Alpine. Not quiet, per se, but not an all-out SPL woofer. That's a good thing, IMHO. They'll sound good, whilst still getting loud enough to drown out off road pipes and longtubes. I'm worried about overall sensitivity with them. I don't know the suspension on them yet, so it may be that you NEED a kilowatt to hear them, or they may be soft and will work great on 300 while simply getting louder as you pour on the juice. We'll soon see.

supposedly, 1 type-X can hit as hard, as loud, and as clear as 3 type-R's. either way, in a jeep its gonna be LOUD. hell, my type-S's are pretty loud in this thing. nto fantastic, but good enough to break my rearview mirror off of my windshield, and take a piece of glass with it!!

Saleen4971 said:
$450 each, and the amp is i think $525. eventaully, im gonan put a 2nd one in, with a 2nd amp, adn a 2nd power cable, and hopefulyl by then, an optiuma yellowtop :)

Do yourself a favor. PREWIRE for expansion. In other words, drop in 1/0 gauge power (and ground to the amp) NOW - so you don't have to do it again when you add a second amp.

If you have a late model (2001+), the 1/0 gauge will slide right through the main harness grommet, route it under the dead pedal, then right down the drivers side. Pull the back seat bottom out, remove kick panel, sill panel and lower rear quarter panel trim (you *may* be able to finagle the power wire around without removing the quarter panel trim).

You'll be happy you only wired once.... and the 1/0 stuff looks so impressive under the hood <g>

And if you order your wire from Knukonceptz, you can almost assuredly get some that matches your car. My 1/0 is yellow for positive (as is my 4ga), and my negative is all silver/clear. Looks good under the hood, and didn't really cost much. Avoid their cheaper distribution blocks, though. Freaking wire pulls right out of them, and the set screws must be made of tin, as they strip under almost NO load.