warning light came up!!!!

stallion98gt

May 12, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
further right light came up this afternoon. It's like a little fan inside a box..what is that ? is it the Check engine light ? :shrug:

EDIT: with PIC..according to the manual, it is the FUEL FILLER CAP

414974_31_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

stallion98gt said:
yeah no words..it's the light which is on the further right...at the bottom..hard to describe..
It means 1 of 3 things:

1) Cracked intake
2) bad float sensor
3) low radiator fluid.

My money is on the bad float sensor. My car did the same thing. Just unplug the little plug at the bottom of the resivour tank, light go bye bye

That light came on maybe twice since I own my car.(few years now) The time it did come on was right when I would start my car. After about a minute it would go off. Makes sense thou because it looks like a 5 gallon gas can. Just remembered my car was parked on a serious incline when it did happen. I just though it was that coolant was not sitting level in the radiator or something like that. Is yours at least going off after a minute?

well yeah..that light always come on when u start the car and then after cranking it goes off..but this afternoon on my way home it just came on...might be the fuel cap is not closed..I'l lcheck tomorrow...I went to the gas station this morning and maybe it's loose...I'm not sure it has to do something with the cooling system..thanks guys.

stallion98gt said:
well yeah..that light always come on when u start the car and then after cranking it goes off..but this afternoon on my way home it just came on...might be the fuel cap is not closed..I'l lcheck tomorrow...I went to the gas station this morning and maybe it's loose...I'm not sure it has to do something with the cooling system..thanks guys.
that yellow box light with the fan inside is a coolant light, trust us. it means your coolant is low. has nothing to do with your gas cap. if it was your gas cap, you'd have a CEL light (or SES, same thing)

RysRed96GT said:
that yellow box light with the fan inside is a coolant light, trust us. it means your coolant is low. has nothing to do with your gas cap. if it was your gas cap, you'd have a CEL light (or SES, same thing)
:stupid:
If it's a picture of fan in a little yellow box, it's your coolant light. Please refer to the three items I recomended checking.

huesmann said:
Dude that's got nothing to do with the gas. It's the freakin radiator, can't you see the little fan in the box?

It may be the radiator, but some 5 gallon gas jugs have an "X" across the side of them.

I think usually if it's a radiator it also has the thermometer (or temperature) symbol beside it.

Riley