washed car, sprayed motor, wont start

U2SLO450

May 27, 2006
Well, today i cleaned and washed my car because i wanted it took look nice for a memorial run that we are having tommorrow morn at 10 o clock.
(its for one of my best friends that was killed last march by a drunk driver, he loved to ride his gsxr1000 and he also previeously owned 3 5.0s) Anyways i sprayed the motor off good then when i went to start it it idled real lopey and then it just steamed out a little. Now it turns over but it wont start. I just finshed working on it about an hour ago and i cant get it to start. I'm going to try it when i get up this morning and see if it will start before i have to leave,(i may have to drive my other mustang:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

no i didn't think about covering the distributor up but i did try to dry it out some with a hairdryer and then i sprayed a little bit of wd40 into it but it still never started, just turned over.

Another vote for water in the cap or affecting the PIP. Keep drying it. Also dry the coil out.

If still no-go, see if you have spark. If you do, we're wrong and it's another issue.

Good luck.