wat gears

• Sponsors (?)

if auto I say 4.10s but other then that 3.73s and I didn't have to rebuild my trac lock, go out and do some nice burnouts to ensure u ain't doin the on wheel peel :D I also took the whole carrier assembly to ahops and had them look it over, they said it looked fine and I have about 6000 miles on these gears and they are still giving me no trouble and no whine, still burnin 2 tires too :D

k i say 3.73s I drive mine on the street alot when it is nice and I plan on taking it to the track more often and I love the 3.73s, really woke up the car, coming from 3.08 gears

I say 4.10's even with a 5 speed. When you get the car to hook with 4.10's it will "feel" like a 100HP gain.

4.10's are the cats ass.

I went from 2.73's to 4.10's. I still giggle like a little kid when I shift hard into 3rd gear.

I didnt think I had 1 wheel peel but my rear end was more then 12 years old, I bought the bearing kit, axle bearings and track lock rebuild so I didnt have to worry about it for another 12 years.

Mods in sig I went from 14.2 to a 13.8 with ONLY gears on street tires. Its a great mod, but honestly you dont feel a big SOTP difference.

Probably 4.10s but you also have to think with a steeper gear you would have to go through the gears a bit quicker. I ran a 14.8 first time at the track with only mufflers, an h pipe, gears and a short shifter. No weight reductions so it is still really heavy and I took it kinda easy first time out and it didn't help that temps were in the mid 90s

For drag racing 4.10's are better. But not very friendly for daily driving, their just more of a pain in the ass, higher rpm;s when cruising, shift alot more. Asking what gears will turn into a huge dewbate between 3.73 or 4.10, some will say 3.55 but ignore them :) (88foxgt). I just suggest 3.73 because after all the research its what I decided to go with. an easy way to look at it is, 3.73=VERY fun on the street, sliding and spinning alot, not alot of shifting around town, great for drag racing, rpms get high when cruising but you can live with it.

4.10=note I dont have expierence with them but this is what I got from them, high rpms, alot of shifting, VERY fun on the street, spinning and sliding everywhere, again alot of shifting, no 1st gear, better for drag racing. You WILL need slicks or drag radials at the track

You should get them for 3.73's too but you can get decent 60's without slicks on 3.73

mob said:
For drag racing 4.10's are better. But not very friendly for daily driving, their just more of a pain in the ass, higher rpm;s when cruising, shift alot more. Asking what gears will turn into a huge dewbate between 3.73 or 4.10, some will say 3.55 but ignore them :) (88foxgt). I just suggest 3.73 because after all the research its what I decided to go with. an easy way to look at it is, 3.73=VERY fun on the street, sliding and spinning alot, not alot of shifting around town, great for drag racing, rpms get high when cruising but you can live with it.
I shift quite a bit around town even with 3.55s. I don't mind it though.

If you wanna get right down to it, there's not enough difference between 3.73s and 3.55s to even argue over. 100 RPM difference between the two. You could take two identical cars and at the strip they are going to run very similar times and it will all come down to who can drive their car better anyway.

Go with 3.55 or 3.73.

I have 3.55s when everyone of my buddies was pushing 3.73s on me and honestly, i'm happy i chose the 3.55s. I use to autocross and on certain courses i didn't have to take it out of second where as with 3.73s i would have had to go into third at times... I would highly recommend them if you do alot of driving from light to light or in city traffic.