We Need Custom AC Lines

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Hey guys, I've got an issue. My AC lines need to be rerouted away from the turbo. Way too hot under there. Where did yall get lines or what did you do ?

If you know anyone that can make them please let me know.

20200829_112439.jpg

20200829_112428.jpg

20200829_112423.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

There are places on-line that can build you a hose of any length, fitting, etc..

If you have a Radiator and A/C service place near you, they can probably cut and swedge anything you want as well.

Reactions: 1 user
There are places on-line that can build you a hose of any length, fitting, etc..

If you have a Radiator and A/C service place near you, they can probably cut and swedge anything you want as well.

I used to know a place in Southern Maryland. They make all types of hoses and lines. I can't remember the name of the place now....and I don't think they sell online. They're a big truck and equipment hydraulic shop.

You can usually google Tubes and Hoses in your area, they are like a Chain supply type deal that local shops set up kinda like a franchise. Machine shops etc. Back when I still worked at the radiator shop,I offered to build you new hoses-lol. Sadly I’m not there anymore

Oh ye of little resources...
You make your own damn AC hoses..
Summit, Vintage Air, and about 57 bagillion street rod suppliers have products to allow you to make your own custom solution.

Check with Napa and Carquest or whoever supplies the auto repair shops in your area. When I replaced compressor and went with R-134A in a 65, it was cheaper and faster for the local store to make a hose than order one. If they use your ends, it should not be a big bill.
I used to crimp ends on hydraulic hose and AC hoses at a NAPA in high school. I would think they still have the tools or newer ones by now. Farmers can not wait at harvest time.
My other thought For you is DEI heat wrap. I plan on using that instead of plumbing pipe foam on the AC line over the intake manifold.

I used to crimp ends on hydraulic hose and AC hoses at a NAPA in high school. I would think they still have the tools or newer ones by now. Farmers can not wait at harvest time.

I don't think NAPA does that anymore. Sometimes it's beneficial to go to a junkyard and look for lines. An AC line has a hard section from the coupling point, followed by a soft line to another hard section and coupling point. Look for the hard sections that point in the general direction you want. It's like buying pre fabbed exhaust angles, and then cutting them in the right place. Get the hard ends you need, and the bring them to a hose shop to have the flexible line welded in.

Kurt

I’ll relay your Buford comment to the professionals at the Napa Stores I was referring to. Do not be surprised if your daily driver is neatly disassembled some morning within in the next week.:D

Sigh...Teflon lined braided AN lines, and DIY hose ends negate the need for “Buford at the local hose shop“ to crimp anything..
Check out # WhycantIdothisshtmyself

Send em my way. I recently installed some solar rechargeable, infrared range markers that I need to test. :)
The first Napa hub store I worked & trained at still has several of the best counterman and the warehouse manager happily working there 30+ years later. That’s dedication. I will send them for Mike’s daily because I bet he can take apart and reassemble the former Fairmont in 30 minutes or less by now.
I’ll send the locals at O’Reiiey’s and Advance Auto to @Noobz347 ’s for testing the range markers.

The first Napa hub store I worked & trained at still has several of the best counterman and the warehouse manager happily working there 30+ years later. That’s dedication. I will send them for Mike’s daily because I bet he can take apart and reassemble the former Fairmont in 30 minutes or less by now.
I’ll send the locals at O’Reiiey’s and Advance Auto to @Noobz347 ’s for testing the range markers.

I can't lie. Wnat to sneak into my place without suspicion? Sned them in a parts truck. :confused:

• Haha
I was just watching adam lz on youtu e on his barra swapped gt350. They went to AN fittings and PTFD hose. Like they were saying, more pricey, but you can route it wherever and clock it however.

Reactions: 1 users
Well... Look at what I just happened to find lying around. Maybe send this guy a PM. :D

@90sickfox I put that info in there ^^^^

Last edited:
I just heard of a spot in Florida called Utopian Auto that makes custom AC line packages for our foxes.
I think I'm going to use them to get my stuff together. Seems a lot easier than attempting myself. That crimp tool is kind of expensive and the crimp kits aren't cheap either. Would rather have someone with experience do it. I'm sure I could figure it out but the cost would nullify my efforts.
Link?