Weird Beeping

SAY GO

Apr 19, 2005
Fired the car last night and i notice when i turned the key over for the fuel pump there was a strange *beep beep beep* that would contine about every 3-5 seconds, ive never heard it before anybody else have any clue what the hell it is?

• Sponsors (?)

crazypete said:
Airbag modules beep sometimes if they detect an internal problem. Look under the dash for some blue modules. I bet one of them is beeping. The 3-5 second interval sounds about right.
i think you are right! what do i do to stop it? snip snip?

Unplug the connector for a quick fix. Or you could try replacing modules until it goes away if you want a functional airbag system though at this age, the airbag itself probably needs replacement (I think it is a 10 year replacement interval on the airbags).

I would recommend just unplugging the offending bluebox.

Locate the noise, if its behind the climate control cluster then its the airbag module. Mine beeped and it drove me crazy and when I installed a new gauge cluster I realized that the previous owner took out the airbag light bulb so when I installed the new gauge cluster WITH a airbag light bulb the beeping stopped. I think the beep is a back up for the light. I'm a fan of fixing the airbag so it works properly (never know when you'll need it). As a side note I've read that the life of an airbag is 20 years. And just like people the life span is likely increasing.

also if someone removed the dash recently the car will chime when some of the wires are left loose(maybe some recently did the heater core?) maybe check under the steering wheel cover and see if any are loose!

i actually took the dash apart and ripped out everything, so it could be several things LOL, i just want this dam beeping to go away...i appreciate the input! what do i do with the wires that dont have connections to the heater core anymore??? if that is the problem