weird pic request

1991notchbackLX

Dec 25, 2007
New York
Hey guys, I need a pic of a 94-98 dash where the clock pod is. Preferably, the picture will have the clock pod removed so I can see the mounting hole. I know this is a stretch, but if you guys are anything like me, you've had your interior apart enough times to maybe have a picture of what I need. Thanks in advance!

Chris :nice:

P.S. Any measurements as to where it sits on the dash in relation to the center HVAC vent would be awesome as well! :D

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Dustin, Yeah I can't find a pic either. I've been searching for a while. I just got a new triple gauge pod from Florida50 that I made a thread about a while back. The problem is the pod is supposed to mount to the clock pod mounting area in a 94-98, and my car is a '99-- no clock pod. I can drill and make something work, I just need to see how it is suposed to be mounted. Here's a pic of the pod. Some love it, some hate it, but it's different and pretty rare. Mine will have a tach, oil pressure and water temp.

p-9498b2_indash.jpg

Ah, haha I got you. At least it's clean...:D

Might be wrong, but that pod you posted doesn't look like it mounts where the 96-98 pods do. The factory pods are smaller, and more centered on the dash IIRC.

Ah, haha I got you. At least it's clean...:D

Might be wrong, but that pod you posted doesn't look like it mounts where the 96-98 pods do. The factory pods are smaller, and more centered on the dash IIRC.

Haha, clean it is! According to florida50, the clock pod is removed and the brackets used to secure it are reused to secure the new pod. I'm going to have to drill and fabricate something I think. I was just hoping a pic of the area would clear the air on what has to be done.

You can try this link. He has a detailed picture of the underside of the clock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-95-96-97-MUSTANG-GT-Cobra-SVT-dash-clock-OEM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eaa9f0989QQitemZ200431045001QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1779wt_1165

All images are linked from the eBay sellers site. They will be removed when he/she takes them down or asks they be removed from here.
ebaygtclock005a.jpg

ebaygtclock004a.jpg

It sounds like there are three mounting tabs on the bottom that just push in. I would suggest either emailing these guys on ebay and asking for dimensions, or just buy one. Or go to a junkyard and just rip on out of some junked v6.

Here is another one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-1997-Ford-Mustang-Dash-Clock_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45f0acf9daQQitemZ300390611418QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_1182

I hope that helps.

Sorry, I don't have a picture with the clock removed, but I have a picture as it looks from the factory. As mentioned earlier, the clock is centered and facing streight back (not angled to driver or passanger). No making fun of my interior, it is all stock and has a lot of miles (166k+ when this picture was taken).
P1040733.jpg

That helps guys! Thank you very much. It looks like I'll be able to fab something up to hold it in place and slip my hand in through the top center HVAC vent to tighten it all down. :shrug: I'm waiting for my gauges to arrive from Summit anyway before the install, so we'll see!