Weld Draglite 15x10

1Slow90coupe

Oct 18, 2005
I have been looking around on EBAY for some draglites. I want to run a 275 tire. I see some 15x10's for sale with 5.25 backspacing. I have a 90 coupe with a stock rearend. Will they fit? Any suggestions on better size, maybe 15x9. What backspacing? If anyone is running a 15x10 Got Pics?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

nah, im running a 15x10 draglite with 6.5 inch backspacing and a half inch spacer and its perfect! and i mean perfect! im running a 295/50/15 with the fender wells beat in and there is absolutely no rubbing with stiff rear suspension. I have control arms all the way around and airbags with stock springs and it works great so far. the 295's are beefy too.

good luck

Drew

D347643 said:
nah, im running a 15x10 draglite with 6.5 inch backspacing and a half inch spacer and its perfect! and i mean perfect! im running a 295/50/15 with the fender wells beat in and there is absolutely no rubbing with stiff rear suspension. I have control arms all the way around and airbags with stock springs and it works great so far. the 295's are beefy too.

good luck

Drew
Why would you run a 6.5 b/s and then shim it out .5"? Makes no sense. Why not just buy a 6.0" to begin with? Or is that the only way a 10.0" rim comes? Got some pics of that rascal?

D347643 said:
nah, im running a 15x10 draglite with 6.5 inch backspacing and a half inch spacer and its perfect!

Same here ... 15x10 with a 6.5 backspace. I didn't need to run a spacer till I went to rear coilover and had rubbing on the inside. Now I run a 1/4" spacer and it's just enough.

PRO50SC said:
Why would you run a 6.5 b/s and then shim it out .5"? Makes no sense. Why not just buy a 6.0" to begin with? Or is that the only way a 10.0" rim comes? Got some pics of that rascal?

Because the wheel needs to be able to clear the rear disc brakes (if you have 'em installed). :nice:

Im running pacer draglites with 5" backspacing 15x10 26x11.5x15 tire and STILL HAVE THE QUADSHOCKS on the car. Dosent stick out and dosent rub unless theirs any passengers in the back.

img46272ap1.jpg

View attachment 433896

yeah, you can have the quad shocks w/ 5.5" backspacing or less (estimate)...more than that and you'd almost certainly have to remove them. I dented the case of mine a little bit to get mine to fit.

It's your car so you know it better than me, but from the top pic, it looks like it sticks out just a little bit....not way out, but "out" a little. Unless you have a stiff suspension, I bet it probably rubs on the fender lip if you go up a very steep incline at an angle.

TheUser said:
yeah, you can have the quad shocks w/ 5.5" backspacing or less (estimate)...more than that and you'd almost certainly have to remove them. I dented the case of mine a little bit to get mine to fit.

It's your car so you know it better than me, but from the top pic, it looks like it sticks out just a little bit....not way out, but "out" a little. Unless you have a stiff suspension, I bet it probably rubs on the fender lip if you go up a very steep incline at an angle.

It may BEARLY stick out, but it dosent look bad, looks perfect, when you see it in a parking spot walking out to it I always think DAMN, lol, but I have all stock suspensin and like I said dosent rub at all even on bumps unless theres peeps in the back seat