Well, Getting Out Of The Fox Game

Boss 351

Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe
Jul 13, 2003
Canada
It was a good ride. My 86 is a great car, has some good power and all but I'm ready for something a little more mature (AC, quieter interior, nice factory stereo)... I'm dreaming about an 03 Cobra or Mach1 right now but if the right "new edge" GT comes my way, I may bite the Bullet :D

• Sponsors (?)

I got rid of my '86 GT for a new 5.0. Honestly, I love my new car and how nice it is, but those four eyed T-tops are so rare now you should really think twice about getting rid of it. Especially since yours has a lot of good mods, and great power. You can upgrade the seats, and spray some rhino lining inside, and put some A/C on it. Seriously, the new edge cars squeak and rattle worse than a fox due to all the plastic inside. My '95 had the same interior, and was pretty bad until I deleted the center console and installed aluminum door skins. I really wish I would have kept my '86, and just saved a little longer for the down payment on my '11.

I got rid of my '86 GT for a new 5.0. Honestly, I love my new car and how nice it is, but those four eyed T-tops are so rare now you should really think twice about getting rid of it. Especially since yours has a lot of good mods, and great power. You can upgrade the seats, and spray some rhino lining inside, and put some A/C on it. Seriously, the new edge cars squeak and rattle worse than a fox due to all the plastic inside. My '95 had the same interior, and was pretty bad until I deleted the center console and installed aluminum door skins. I really wish I would have kept my '86, and just saved a little longer for the down payment on my '11.

well said!! yeah im not gonna ever get out of the fox game i dont see the day coming when i dont like what im looking at or the feeling behind the wheel FFTMFW!

It was a good ride. My 86 is a great car, has some good power and all but I'm ready for something a little more mature (AC, quieter interior, nice factory stereo)... I'm dreaming about an 03 Cobra or Mach1 right now but if the right "new edge" GT comes my way, I may bite the Bullet :D

It is customary to pic whore when opening a discussion of this nature! :fuss:

Ugh, don't cut your Fox loose. There has got to be a way to make it ride nicer like listed above. Maybe add some sound deadener and new weather seals?

after all new seals replaced throughout my car and dynamat installed over my chassis my car rides as nice as a new mustang even with my extremely loud exhaust its still nice in the cabin

I do love the fox, but it's not the only car out there. Experience something different for awhile. You never know...you may like it better than the fox. And if you end up hating it...well, then you shouldn't have listened to me. :D

Reactions: 1 users
I do love the fox, but it's not the only car out there. Experience something different for awhile. You never know...you may like it better than the fox. And if you end up hating it...well, then you shouldn't have listened to me. :D
Is it sad that I enjoy driving my wrangler more than my mustang? all its missing is the soundtrack coming from the exhaust pipes.

We all have to move on someday I guess. I got rid of my last Fox, for something newer and more refined....which I loved, but they got bored with it. This Fox fell into my lap, so I jumped on it. It's still a turd compared to my last car, but you gotta love the rawness, the exhaust not and the inexpensive platform you're working with when owning a Fox. Not to mention, I got a lot of comments on it.

That being said....I'd burn it to the ground in a heartbeat for an '03-'04 Cobra or a Mach 1. Those two are the only SN95's I would consider and that 4V exhaust note and power are an awesome selling feature. Not to mention, they still capture that "raw" edge the Fox platform was famous for.

Beyond that...it's S197 all the way. The '05-'09's were a little too tame looking for me, but the '10-up cars are magic. :nice:

Good luck with whatever you decide. I'm sure you'll have some regrets afterwards, but they'll quickly be replaced with new appreciations as well.

You have a super clean car, would be a shame for you to get rid of it. But everyone has there different interest, and people do get bored with things. Hope whatever you choose you are happy with :)

Agreed 100%. I think I'm the opposite of most people, and that is if I were to give up my Fox, it would only be for something older and/or even less "comfortable". My next toy car will be fenderless and likely roofless too. There are a couple stripped out '29 Fords on my way home from work and every day I have to fight the urge to stop and ask how much he wants for them.

Agreed 100%. I think I'm the opposite of most people, and that is if I were to give up my Fox, it would only be for something older and/or even less "comfortable". My next toy car will be fenderless and likely roofless too. There are a couple stripped out '29 Fords on my way home from work and every day I have to fight the urge to stop and ask how much he wants for them.
1932_Flamed_Roadster___WH_02.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
If you are really ready to sell it, I wish I was closer to you, cuz that would be an ideal replacement for what I'm looking for.
A road trip to Canada in another month or two would provide some great vacation scenery. It's always a big thrill to watch the leaves change color and the hot temps drop off as you go north...

Reactions: 1 user

Ive been on a rat rod trip lately, until I watched a show last night about one. They were Hot Rod editors in a Model A rat rod, and a Lamborgini, trying to see which got more attention. The rat rod was miserable to drive, but got tons of attention. Both of the guys (one in his late 30's, and one in late 20's) said they would never buy a rat rod even to cruise around town in. Unsafe, and uncomfortable, but bad ass. Hijack over.