well looks like i'm gonna have to sell my car

allenpark94gt

Aug 3, 2003
allen park
well i was going to lunch today and i was in a crowd of cars...2 in front...one on the side...and 2 behind me...going with the flow of traffic at about 50 mph in a 40mph speed zone...get pulled over by a motorcycle cop saying he got me 691 ft down the road doing 61....so i'm like thats bullshti i was only going maybe 50 and he writes me up for 55 in a 40....here in michigan that is 3 points...and if i dont get out of it i will not be able to afford the insurance since i'm only 17 and its high enough already...the worst part is...691 ft from where he pulled me over...i was stopped at the stoplight...meaning the cop somehow only radared me and somehow i hit 61 even tho the guy right in front of me did not....when i asked why he didnt pull them over he said look at your car son and walked away

• Sponsors (?)

There are lots of technicalities to fight radar tickets on. Definitely take it to court. (my opinion -- ALWAYS take it to court no matter what, the revenue system only works because almost everybody just pays their ticket without contesting it...)

HairyCanary said:
There are lots of technicalities to fight radar tickets on. Definitely take it to court. (my opinion -- ALWAYS take it to court no matter what, the revenue system only works because almost everybody just pays their ticket without contesting it...)

not really, because even if you win your case you still have to pay court costs. at least here in northern va you do. isnt that some ****?

5LiterFever said:
not really, because even if you win your case you still have to pay court costs. at least here in northern va you do. isnt that some ****?

I agree. Apparently the Northern VA law system assumes we just have money pouring out of our asses. Pay this, pay that. Pay these middle fingers!

Here in Connecticut, you just go to court and talk it over with the prosecutor, the policeman that pulled you over, and most of the time they either drop the price, or drop the ticket. If the cop doesnt come to the court date, the charges are automatically dropped. Definately fight it.

5LiterFever said:
That does suck, seems like it should be illegal to charge you court costs if you're found not guilty. That's not how it works here in Oregon, thankfully.

Is this your first ticket? If so, you may want to look into defensive driving school. Sure, it is the cost of your ticket, but it wipes it away like it never even happened.

Gotta love that, done it twice and will probably end up doing it again in the next couple of years, lol.

I got one ticket for like 15 over and my dad just told me to get attorney he knows. Cost a bit more than the ticket did but it's better than having to pay increased insurance. The attorney I hired was there with like 8 other people. Every single case was dismissed without a question. The prosecutor just stood up and went "case blah blah blah vs. blah request for dismissal" for 8 different cases and they were all dropped in a matter of seconds

Well it's a little late to tell save you now, but if a cop radars you he has to have three things with him in order for him to be able to ticket you. He has to be able to show you that his radar gun is properly calibrated, he needs his license that shows he knows how to properly use a radar gun, and he has to lastly be able to show you your speed you were going. If he is missing any one of those he can't give you a ticket.

Fight it. Get yourself an attorney,and go to court. Chances are at the least he can get your fine/penalty reduced or even thrown out. If the cop does not show, at least in california, your case gets thrown out. Good luck man

Jordan_J said:
Well it's a little late to tell save you now, but if a cop radars you he has to have three things with him in order for him to be able to ticket you. He has to be able to show you that his radar gun is properly calibrated, he needs his license that shows he knows how to properly use a radar gun, and he has to lastly be able to show you your speed you were going. If he is missing any one of those he can't give you a ticket.

I know in Texas, the popo doesn't have to show you his a$$ if he doesn't want to. I think the only thing in Texas he has to have is the gun calibrated.

Paul

"look at your car son" blah blah blah

i think persanally i will never own another red car and never again glass packs.

where i live, they used to throw the tickets out if the cop didnt show up but now they give the cop like two or three chances. i also believe we have to pay court fees whether guilty or not.
i think thats bull, what about your inconvieniance. and if your found not guilty, what the hell. have the cop pay the freaking fee. you didnt ask for it.