Well think im gonna have to sell my car. /cry

Gotuhaha

Jun 3, 2005
Well guys just looking for a little advise on the best way to sell my baby :( Other things have become more important in life and i need the money. Im not trying to sell here jsut want some tips and pointers. This is my baby I have had for 5 months before me it was a 1 owner with not a thing done to it. It has 71,000 Red with black interior. all of which in Perfect condition. She has a Vortech 5psi Supercharger, Flowmasters and the GT500 wheels (still have ponies as well). Here are some pictures.

12ch8or.jpg

27ef4ox.jpg

32in2sk.jpg

Let me know what you guys think she would go for and the best way to try to sell her. I hate to let her go but sometime you have to let things go.

Thanks For your time in advance.

Attachments

• 12ch8or.jpg
    12ch8or.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 72
  • 27ef4ox.jpg
    27ef4ox.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 72
  • 32in2sk.jpg
    32in2sk.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 63
  • Sponsors (?)

That is a really nice LX:nice:

I don't really have any selling tips, but I like it when I am going to buy a car if the person selling it is honest. I hate to be lied to, it makes me feel as if they have no respect for me. Well good luck with the sale.

Ebay would be your best bet, Its 45.00 to list it and 45.00 if it sells. Its super clean well modded and low miles. It would bring at least 7000.00 IMO

Well when i found her the owner (unfourtanly) new what he had, a unmolested perfect car and i gave 8,500 for it so i was hopeing to see around that much i dont care about the mod there paid for and done. Just dont want the car payment every month and the insurnace right now. LoL

Gotuhaha said:
Well when i found her the owner (unfourtanly) new what he had, a unmolested perfect car and i gave 8,500 for it so i was hopeing to see around that much i dont care about the mod there paid for and done. Just dont want the car payment every month and the insurnace right now. LoL

The only way to know is to list it and see what it brings. It could go for 8500 if someone saw it and had to have it like you did.

Whatever you do, don't auction it off on eBay, as you'll never get what you're hoping to out of it. Autotrader or something similar's the best method, I've found. Think of your ideal selling price - $8,500 sounds like a good, solid number - and place the actual ad price for about $500 over that. It used to be sort of a "trick" in buying a car to try to talk someone down on their price, but nowadays people just EXPECT you to dump $500 off your price no matter what (some ballsy/inconsiderate bungholes will try to lowball you by hacking 1/3 off the price and using the old line "I've got it all in cash, right here, right now!"). So, maybe price it for around $9,000 and see how it floats.

FWIW, some other general car-selling tips that I've learned (I've owned/sold 17 cars thus far in my time, so I've had a bit of practice):

- Never settle for anything but CASH. No payments, no checks, no half-this-and-half-that crap. Even a cashier's check can be forged with a good printer. If they absolutely must use a cashier's check, drag them along with you to the bank to make sure it clears.
- ALWAYS have 'em sign a Bill of Sale, stating "SOLD AS-IS." Dunno how the laws are in your state, but some places may have open loopholes where jerks can buy a car, tear it up, then try to sue you for selling them a "lemon."
- REFUSE to let someone try to talk you down on price on the phone/e-mail, or before they've even test-driven the car. They're usually not serious buyers, and/or they don't have enough dough and it'd take a miracle for them to scrape it all together. (These are usually the turds that try to talk you down to $5,000 on a $8,500 car.)
- The more you know your 'Stang, the less likely you are to have some crafty dude try to convince you there's some terrible mechanical flaw in your ride that should devalue it by a grand or more. "Oh, that knocking sound is your lifters. It's gonna need a whole rebuild soon!" etc.

...and lastly...

- Sell those Pony rims separately. Preferrably to me. For a nominal fee, of course. :D But seriously, don't just throw those in with the car. Those, and any leftover stock parts of good use, are perfect eBay material - maybe not a huge chunk of change, per se, but it's better to score a few extra bucks on the side than to just give 'em away with the car.

I would definately put the pony rims on and sell the fr500 rims seperately. People buying the car are GOING TO WANT the pony rims. It will be a serious negative to buy a great looking car and then have to dump out another $500-$1000 for pony rims. Sell the FR500 rims seperately and get what you get for them.

I would definately sell the pony's w/ the car. I'd probably put the pony's on it and sell it that way, especially since it's a clean, low-mileage car.

I paid $6500 on ebay for my GT, so people will do it - I even had it shipped from New Mexico to Missouri; however, I think cars generally sell for less on eBay than they would locally, but that also depends on your market area. eBay has, obviously, a much broader market, so if the car is more popular in other areas, they might pay more than a local buyer - who knows. Autotrader has the benefit of listing it to a larger market without the short time-frame. I'm not sure if eBay lets you have auctions longer than 10 days for auto's or not.

Good Luck:nice: