Welp, new to me wheels are on (pics)

mr_woodster

Jul 28, 2003
Riverside, CA
The car has always been kind of a junk yard/secondhand queen (most of where the parts have come from) so i picked up some wheels. I can't say i've seen any classics with these factory wheels, But i always liked them. Anyways, pulled at the local junkyard and little work and some spacers, and here they are....

wheelsside.jpg

wheelsclose.jpg

engine-1.jpg

What do you think?:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

It looks good. I'm not really a fan of the late model wheels on the classics though. The question is, do you like it? Thats what matters the most.

By the way, I would not drive the car with out having any export braces on it.

For some reason, I've never been able to picture anything other than the 17" Bullitt style wheels on an early Mustang for modern Factory wheels. Better than the 14" or 15" hoops that were probably on it originally, but I'm not quite sure I can wrap my head around the look? :shrug:

...but then its not my opinion that matters. Its you who drives and lives with the car every day, so if it does it for you, have at it. :nice:

They look good! For latemodel wheels on Classics; I always think about the '05-'07 V6 "fancy" rims. They're just knockoffs of the Edlebrock 454's, which in turn are knockoffs of the original "GT-40/Cobra" wheels. A little more "age=aprropriate" to a '66.

On the other hand, I've got to agree with Gearbanger (I know, I know, it bothers me a little as well :scratch: ) in that it's your car and it has to make YOU happy! :nice:

EDIT- OBTW: The rims of which I speak are in fact the same 'model' as what I'm considering for my Cougar with its planned 94-04 Cobra "big brakes" mod. I'd go the Vintage Wheelworks "Vintage 60's"; but the cost of a set outstrips the cost of the V6 wheels and quality spacers with their own lugs.

They look good! For latemodel wheels on Classics; I always think about the '05-'07 V6 "fancy" rims. They're just knockoffs of the Edlebrock 454's, which in turn are knockoffs of the original "GT-40/Cobra" wheels. A little more "age=aprropriate" to a '66.

On the other hand, I've got to agree with Gearbanger (I know, I know, it bothers me a little as well :scratch: ) in that it's your car and it has to make YOU happy! :nice:

EDIT- OBTW: The rims of which I speak are in fact the same 'model' as what I'm considering for my Cougar with its planned 94-04 Cobra "big brakes" mod. I'd go the Vintage Wheelworks "Vintage 60's"; but the cost of a set outstrips the cost of the V6 wheels and quality spacers with their own lugs.

I think those 05-07 V6 wheels look nice on 65-68 Stangs too.

Someone here (I think 6Stang7) has those exact wheels on a Sonic Blue 67 Coupe. They do look good on there.