Went to track last time this year,,new Best ET

• Sponsors (?)

And you thought rsw007 had a factory freak? :)

Those times are more like it...did your mph drop a tick?

If you would get your car tuned I think that would benefit you...or just do a few dyno pulls and tinker with some things like FP/timing...

Yeah my track closes in a couple weeks also...

5spd GT said:
And you thought rsw007 had a factory freak? :)

Those times are more like it...did your mph drop a tick?

If you would get your car tuned I think that would benefit you...or just do a few dyno pulls and tinker with some things like FP/timing...

Yeah my track closes in a couple weeks also...
yeah,it was at the top of 96mph,,almot 97!! Any dyno tune is a must I think.After I get new heads I will do that!! I got the 13.8 on my last run,,car sat for an hour,,bumped the timing,and lowered the FP :nice: The run before that was a 14.048,,I knew it was there.

rsw007 said:
cheater! :nice:

great times, i knew you could do it. i think im going to go back to the dyno to find a few more ponies so i can break in to the 12's. im crossing all my fingers and toes.
LOL,,,Thanks :nice: yeah,I was satisfied for a day,,I did what I wanted to do.(get the stock motor in the 13's) Well,,,,,I wonder,,,,,12's with the stock long block?? :rolleyes:

There was a kid there with a 94/95,,,he just put a big Turbo on it(he already had H/C/I ),,and he had a single 3' exhaust out the back (which I thought was pretty cool ) Anyways it was his first time to the track with the car,,he had it dynoed at 610HP!!!!And this is the kicker,,he had a stock rear except for gears.His first run he bogged way down in first gear,,and at the end,they didnt flash his time..On the 2nd run,he blew the axles :rlaugh: Sorry to laugh,,but I thought it was comical!! No roll cage,,DS loop,,no nothing,,just some big @ss BFG DR's..

willys1 said:
There was a kid there with a 94/95,,,he just put a big Turbo on it(he already had H/C/I ),,and he had a single 3' exhaust out the back (which I thought was pretty cool ) Anyways it was his first time to the track with the car,,he had it dynoed at 610HP!!!!And this is the kicker,,he had a stock rear except for gears.His first run he bogged way down in first gear,,and at the end,they didnt flash his time..On the 2nd run,he blew the axles :rlaugh: Sorry to laugh,,but I thought it was comical!! No roll cage,,DS loop,,no nothing,,just some big @ss BFG DR's..

So you didn't get to see any track times...

Now did it look like 610hp because I know some "kids" that just say they got this and that when in reality they don't :nonono:

So how soon you doing the h/c/?

5spd GT said:
So you didn't get to see any track times...

Now did it look like 610hp because I know some "kids" that just say they got this and that when in reality they don't :nonono:

So how soon you doing the h/c/?
It sounded different because of the exhaust.But in the burnout box you could tell he had some HP,,also his run!! Im looking at March for my build up.Theres a guy on here with afr 165's and an intake,with the stock cam.I dont know,,that sounded pretty cool !! I think hes running 285hp to the wheels!!! Gas mileage is important to me.I do 124 round trip to work.If I get the Thumper package(heads and cam) I will have to put my 373's back in,for better mileage.

willys1 said:
It sounded different because of the exhaust.But in the burnout box you could tell he had some HP,,also his run!! Im looking at March for my build up.Theres a guy on here with afr 165's and an intake,with the stock cam.I dont know,,that sounded pretty cool !! I think hes running 285hp to the wheels!!! Gas mileage is important to me.I do 124 round trip to work.If I get the Thumper package(heads and cam) I will have to put my 373's back in,for better mileage.

Well I never got any different of a gas mileage before or after my h/c/i swap but to begin with I never got the mileage you get anyways (probably my driving habits)...but if you tell Ed that you want performance matched with really good gas mileage it would be obtainable...a few guys on here have actually gotten better gas mileage after their h/c/i swap with a custom cam...but it will cost you $325 over keeping your stock cam...it will be somewhat hard for your car to reach 285rwhp with an AOD/stock cam...but it will be possible if everything works properly...and together as one...What are you going to drive while the car is down?

5spd GT said:
Well I never got any different of a gas mileage before or after my h/c/i swap but to begin with I never got the mileage you get anyways (probably my driving habits)...but if you tell Ed that you want performance matched with really good gas mileage it would be obtainable...a few guys on here have actually gotten better gas mileage after their h/c/i swap with a custom cam...but it will cost you $325 over keeping your stock cam...it will be somewhat hard for your car to reach 285rwhp with an AOD/stock cam...but it will be possible if everything works properly...and together as one...What are you going to drive while the car is down?
Better Gas mileage with a H/C/I ??Awsome :nice: I will definitly check into it!! I have a Jeep Wrangler for my 2nd car,,besides that I have it for when it snows!! Im actually gonna put my lx in storage late next year and get a new GT !! Gonna get the lite green one,with a pair of bullet rims painted the same color as the car :nice:

I assume this was at Etown?

I was supposed to go to this event, but on Friday it was snowing (like 2 inches) here in CT when I was gonna leave and the car blew a freeze plug a couple days before. Would have been nice to see someone from the site there!

25thmustang said:
I assume this was at Etown?

I was supposed to go to this event, but on Friday it was snowing (like 2 inches) here in CT when I was gonna leave and the car blew a freeze plug a couple days before. Would have been nice to see someone from the site there!
Actually this was Island Dragway in Great Meadows NJ.E-Town did have an event which I wanted to enter,but I couldnt swing it with the baby sitter :shrug: They had a bunch of different classes for how fast your car was.300 to the winner,,150 to the runner up :nice: