Went to track last time this year,,new Best ET

willys1 said:
LOL,,,Thanks :nice: yeah,I was satisfied for a day,,I did what I wanted to do.(get the stock motor in the 13's) Well,,,,,I wonder,,,,,12's with the stock long block?? :rolleyes:

Well ive been told a stock motored aod car cant go 12's, but i think im going to pull a flag on that one. :bs:

• Sponsors (?)

Clean LX has a 5-speed, but has proven the fact they can run 12s. Also ERnotch has gone 12.77 @ 105 with a stock motor! I gaurentee a stock motor will go 12s, and even an AOD as I know a few guys who have gone 12.7-12.9s and such with AOD cars (a few of them run NMRA FS now).

25thmustang said:
Clean LX has a 5-speed, but has proven the fact they can run 12s. Also ERnotch has gone 12.77 @ 105 with a stock motor! I gaurentee a stock motor will go 12s, and even an AOD as I know a few guys who have gone 12.7-12.9s and such with AOD cars (a few of them run NMRA FS now).
The only thing stock on most of the factory stock class cars is the block. 310c.i., gt-40 heads and cobra intakes, with super light rotating assembly. Not to mention stripped out interiors including behind dash.But thats also the reason there a full second faster than most stock h/c/i cars out there.

rsw007 said:
The only thing stock on most of the factory stock class cars is the block. 310c.i., gt-40 heads and cobra intakes, with super light rotating assembly. Not to mention stripped out interiors including behind dash.But thats also the reason there a full second faster than most stock h/c/i cars out there.

No I mean the guys who ran 12s with stock motored AOD cars back then, now run FS, with different cars. When they ran the 12s back in the day it was stock motors, there was a big post about it on Stangcrazy. The FS cars of now are nothing near a stock motor, but do run insane times (a friend of mine just went 11.50)!

We just had a discussion about this a few weeks ago,I believe t-moss,,OR M. Yount was there.There is a guy with stock heads and stock intake running in the 11's!!! Supposidly he has a really sick cam,,thats not real streetable.Im sure its all geared up to,,and suspension work!!