What are your IAT/IAT2 temps! (forced induction guys)

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
Well im curious as to what everyone elses "rise" is. I finally just logged mine and was pretty shocked. WIth these huge hotsides the car is laggy as heck....it feels like a centri car. I start making 1PSI now @ 3K and get 9.6ish @ 5600 or so :rlaugh: . So I watched them in a few 4th gear pulls. This is what I saw.

Cruizing= 86* ........5900RPM @ 9.6PSI= 91-92*

That was after multiblle runs. On one of my 9.0 PSI runs I saw a 3* rise from cruize (like 84* to 87* at the end of the pull).

I was honestly expecting ATLEAST 20*s and real world thought that 30*s would be what I would actually see. But freegin 3-5*s seems low to me....but maybe not, so thats why I want to see everyone elses results :nice: .

Oh and man once she gets going it has that "run away train" feeling LOL. AKA like the gosh dang energizer bunny. Ill have pics up in a few days and more details on what we did.

• Sponsors (?)

^ LOL. And nice rise....not bad at all :D
I would have made you proud tonight with the rev happy theme. Tonight I had to teach a truck a lesson and was about 3 cars back in 4th when I evened his pull (65ish?).

Right before I blew by I tapped the 6200RPM limiter in 4th (124?) LOL. Im used to it laying over @ 5800....but now it just kept getting stronger and stronger and it totally cought me off gaurd. No more valve float YAY!
LOL I thought teh motor popped when it tapped the limiter and basically cut off.

^ LOL. And nice rise....not bad at all :D
I would have made you proud tonight with the rev happy theme. Tonight I had to teach a truck a lesson and was about 3 cars back in 4th when I evened his pull (65ish?).

Right before I blew by I tapped the 6200RPM limiter in 4th (124?) LOL. Im used to it laying over @ 5800....but now it just kept getting stronger and stronger and it totally cought me off gaurd. No more valve float YAY!
LOL I thought teh motor popped when it tapped the limiter and basically cut off.

Hahah - yeah after I intercooled my setup it was like that, even with a couple #'s less boost at first. I feel ya on loving turbos too...my dad is in China for 2 wks so I have to take care of his dog and cat and get to take care of his audi RS6 :nice: I think he'll be happy with the tint I'm about to have done to it too, hehe.:nice: