What Cai For Vortech/ Paxton

Wondering what you guys are running on your vortech or Paxton 15's. I've really only seen the JLT for sale but it's not aesthetically pleasing. Steeda says you can buy there almost 400 dollar kit and cut it apart but that's serious cash to do that, and steedas v6 airbox and filter looks like it may work but not sure. If it did if be more likely to modify it being that it's 100 dollars less. Let me know what you guys think. I could also just build my own

• Sponsors (?)

I made my own polished aluminum inlet and used the factory air box with a k&n drop in filter.
Screenshot_2015-12-10-12-29-47.png

Reactions: 2 users
And that fits under the hood? 4 inch?
That's the problem, it has to be 3.5" to fit under the hood. The performance difference from this setup that went 11.11@130 to the air filter removed completely and no inlet pipe was 10.97@131. Point being the 3.5" inlet is not hampering performance by much.

The JLT intake does fit well and is specifically made for your car. I was actually asked by them to provide my car for that prototype but being my Vortech kit was a preproduction prototype we couldn't make it happen.

That's the problem, it has to be 3.5" to fit under the hood. The performance difference from this setup that went 11.11@130 to the air filter removed completely and no inlet pipe was 10.97@131. Point being the 3.5" inlet is not hampering performance by much.

The JLT intake does fit well and is specifically made for your car. I was actually asked by them to provide my car for that prototype but being my Vortech kit was a preproduction prototype we couldn't make it happen.
Well I have a few months lol, I do know the JLT performs well.

I am also using the jlt Cai kit that they just released but it looks like it was rushed and it's not very aesthetically pleasing and I'm not crazy about the fitment. Wonder if anyone else will create a kit.

I am also having issues with the plastic inlet tubing from the Paxton kit hitting my hood even with the hoodliner removed. It's frustrating and white paint from the hood is now stuck to the plastic piece.

84Ttop I like the polished aluminium tubing you created my whole kit is polished but I am not savy enough to make something like that.

I wish for the money we paid for the kit it came with a proper Cai kit and fitment was tested for hood clearance without modification. My only complaint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I am also using the jlt Cai kit that they just released but it looks like it was rushed and it's not very aesthetically pleasing and I'm not crazy about the fitment. Wonder if anyone else will create a kit.

I am also having issues with the plastic inlet tubing from the Paxton kit hitting my hood even with the hoodliner removed. It's frustrating and white paint from the hood is now stuck to the plastic piece.

84Ttop I like the polished aluminium tubing you created my whole kit is polished but I am not savy enough to make something like that.

I wish for the money we paid for the kit it came with a proper Cai kit and fitment was tested for hood clearance without modification. My only complaint.

The inlet tubing hits the hood? Have any pictures?

Last I heard from UPR, they were talking about making something for these cars as the JLT is the only other option at this point. As far as building the inlet tube, it was a matter of fitting a few aluminum pieces together and welding them. If you can't weld them yourself you can certainly find a local shop that can weld it after you fit it all together. If I had to guess, I have about 80 dollars in tubing and clamps on my car. To have someone weld the tubing I would personally would charge 50 dollars or so, it's about 30 minutes worth of work once everything is fit together.

The inlet tubing hits the hood? Have any pictures?

Last I heard from UPR, they were talking about making something for these cars as the JLT is the only other option at this point. As far as building the inlet tube, it was a matter of fitting a few aluminum pieces together and welding them. If you can't weld them yourself you can certainly find a local shop that can weld it after you fit it all together. If I had to guess, I have about 80 dollars in tubing and clamps on my car. To have someone weld the tubing I would personally would charge 50 dollars or so, it's about 30 minutes worth of work once everything is fit together.
uploadfromtaptalk1452716810395.jpeg

Yea, right where the plastic inlet tube is, see where it says Paxton? It hits/rubs on either side of that. That's a picture of my car before the jlt Cai was installed. Where are you located? Would you be willing to make me one like yours and I'll pay you?

Yea, right where the plastic inlet tube is, see where it says Paxton? It hits/rubs on either side of that. That's a picture of my car before the jlt Cai was installed. Where are you located? Would you be willing to make me one like yours and I'll pay you?

You may need to trim more off of the original coolant overflow mount. I had to take quite a bit off of mine.

Reactions: 1 user

Interesting, I'll talk to my rep about this next time I have him on the phone. (We usually talk once a week or so) I know there was a clearance issue with the JT trim on certain cars initially but that has since been resolved.

I'm in NJ 08062 to be exact. If you're close enough we could work something out for sure.

Interesting, I'll talk to my rep about this next time I have him on the phone. (We usually talk once a week or so) I know there was a clearance issue with the JT trim on certain cars initially but that has since been resolved.

I'm in NJ 08062 to be exact. If you're close enough we could work something out for sure.
Ahh, I'm in Florida.

If you are anywhere near Bradenton Motorsports Park you should come out to test n tune tomorrow night!!! Then you can post in the official S550 Track Times thread!!!