What CAI should I get?

JDubz50

Jul 7, 2011
Minnesota
I have a 95 GT and I want to put a cold air intake on it. I have a couple in mind but not sure. I've heard good things about the 57 Series K&N FIPK kit. But I noticed that it uses the stock tube instead of a new one. Also, I do have a 75mm Pro-M MAF installed and I'm not sure if that makes a difference as far as compatabillity goes. I have also heard good things about the JLT Kit and that one does come with a fenderwell mount setup with a tube. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

• Sponsors (?)

I ran the JLT CAI in my '94 snake and felt it was a worthwhile upgrade (especially when comparing the factory intake tract to the aftermarket version). Never did a before/after dyno, so can't say how much of a gain it really provided. :shrug:

It was a very nice CAI though - others will say to piece one together yourself out of hardware store parts (obviously the cheaper route if you are on a very tight budget).

G'luck ! :cheers:

From How I See It

It all boils down to two main issues :D

1 Appearance
2 Performance

I'll not deal with #1 as you like how it looks or you don't ;)

As for #2 ... I'll give ya what I've found out :)

Bends ... they offer restriction to the flow :(

Corregated pipe ... it is restrictive as well :(

Pipe material ...
Most store bought CAI's are made of metal
A lot of home made CAI's are made of pvc

A lot of folk feel metal is bad cause it transfers heat to the flow
however
When you get the flow really moving its almost a moot point

So ... getting all that out of the way ............

What REALLY MATTERS is .........
Getting better air than can be found in the engine compartment

It goes without saying ...
Ya gotta draw in the flow from outside the engine compartment

I mean ... Pipe with a filter stuck on it next to the motor ain't a CAI

You will get a hp gain with cooler air cause it is denser air :nice:

Final thought ... If its hot outside .....
Gain from a CAI is gonna be little if anything :)

Now ... On those cool evenings ... You're gonna feel a gain :banana:

Why do you think et's fall as it gets late in the day and at night ;)

Grady

I have a 95 GT and I want to put a cold air intake on it. I have a couple in mind but not sure. I've heard good things about the 57 Series K&N FIPK kit. But I noticed that it uses the stock tube instead of a new one. Also, I do have a 75mm Pro-M MAF installed and I'm not sure if that makes a difference as far as compatabillity goes. I have also heard good things about the JLT Kit and that one does come with a fenderwell mount setup with a tube. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

There are several reputable CAI manufacturers/dealers in the Vendors Forum.

Cold Airs with fenderwell mounted filters and tubing all the way to the TB are the way to go! :flag: