What color should I paint my calipers?

The Green GT said:
I am going to do them all red because like someone said, it makes them look smaller with the black. And im going to put either the black pony or the black "MUSTANG" on them. Maybe the pony on the back and MUSTANG on the front.

Yay, I win. What kind of paint are you using? I think I did 6 coats of spray paint, and 4 coats of clear, then sticker, then another 2 coats of clear.

• Sponsors (?)

I just got a kit that came with a can of brake cleaner, a bruch, stir stick, and a pint of the ceramic caliper paint. I still have like half a can left. I think I may put a clearcoat on after I put the sticker on though.

The Green GT said:
I just got a kit that came with a can of brake cleaner, a bruch, stir stick, and a pint of the ceramic caliper paint. I still have like half a can left. I think I may put a clearcoat on after I put the sticker on though.

Don't clear over it. Especially not over the sticker. It'll flake/crack, and look bad.

The brake caliper paint you have has a lot of ceramic in it, which will withstand high heat. Most clearcoats will not have the ceramic required to withstand that much heat, so it'll flake. Then painting over a decal/sticker is just asking for trouble.

diablostang said:
Don't clear over it. Especially not over the sticker. It'll flake/crack, and look bad.

The brake caliper paint you have has a lot of ceramic in it, which will withstand high heat. Most clearcoats will not have the ceramic required to withstand that much heat, so it'll flake. Then painting over a decal/sticker is just asking for trouble.
Clear ceramic engine enamel FTW