What do you guys think about this T-Bird...

Cook89Notch

Founding Member
Jan 17, 2002
Close to Lansing, MI.
First off let me say hello to ya'all, it been about three years since I have posted anything here...
I got rid of my PITA wife and now I'm getting another toy. Some of you may remember my "Nasty Notch" that I built on a budget and it ran 11:50s. I sold it to make the X happy, well that was stupid!
Anyways, I found this 83 'Bird that's from Colorado and it's rust free and really nice for $2,400!!! I've always liked the 83-86 "Areo Birds". I'm going to look at it Friday and I hope I can get it for $2K or less. I already have a 351W Roller out of a 95 F150 and you know what thinking...
I know the 'Birds are really weak (140hp) but, I think she's got potential. I want to make it a nice street / strip car.
What do you guys think?

~Matt

Attachments

• 83bird1.jpg
    83bird1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Sponsors (?)

Tbird > Wife :nice:

If you get it, junk that CFI crap and buy a Holley and a Wieand Stealth intake and it'll wake up nicely.
Yeah, that CFI is gone, ASAP!
I'm planning on putting my 351 in it and either doing the AOD up or a 5 speed. But, in the meentime I was thinking shorty headers, off road H and flowmasters, performer intake, 650 Holley, a small cam, better valve springs, roller rockers, 6AL ignition, a 8.8 swap with a posi and 3:73 gears.
That should wake it up nicely...

I remember following along the build of that car. I'm surprised you got rid of it. The T-Bird does look good though, and should make a nice project!
I was trying to save my marriage. That worked, not! It's okay though, I'm WAY better off.

Here's some pics from the Narly Notch project...

Attachments

• Bad351-7.jpg
    Bad351-7.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 54
  • Bad351-13jpg.JPG
    Bad351-13jpg.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 43