What do you guys think of my engine bay?

68stang351

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
Savoy TX
Honest opinions only please. Don't hold back. I want to see what I can improve on in my engine bay.

351W1.jpg

351W2.jpg

351W3.jpg

Just for kicks, here's the exterior, lol, I'm going to start some serious paint and body work this fall. I'm going with Azure Blue.

IM000340.jpg

IM000347-1.jpg

And interior and trunk:
IM000324.jpg

IM000325.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

It doesn't make your butt look big... Honest!
Looks like you've put a lot of work into your car. I'm digging the Fox center console. You've done a nice job on it.
Any thoughts to installing the Fox hand brake? Works awesome with rear discs.

It doesn't make your butt look big... Honest!
Looks like you've put a lot of work into your car. I'm digging the Fox center console. You've done a nice job on it.
Any thoughts to installing the Fox hand brake? Works awesome with rear discs.

Thanks! I've thought about the fox hand brake, its on my list of projects, I have a spare fox brake handle too.

one thing, I'm really anal about these, is get some spark plug wire holders. idk the tecnical term.... :) but line them all up and tie them off (tuck them off to the side)

I did this recently in my car, i'll take some pics and show ya!

other than that, hardly anything to improve on!

Wayyy too much chrome for me, all the way down to the nuts on the shocks/shock towers, but that's just me, if you're going for chrome you've hit the nail on the head. Matter of fact there is no chrome in my engine bay.

The mix of colors throws me off too, chrome, alum. int./wp, blue wires, red dizzy cap, etc. I'd have gone with red wires at least to harmonize some, my eyes jump around because of all the different colors and harness the wires as mentioned above.

I would relocate your coil to the drivers side head front or ontop the intake, your coil wire must be 2ft. long, everything I've read says you want your coil wire as short as possible to give a hotter spark, that's a long distance to travel.

You've got an open port on your pcv valve, need to cap it or get a 90* single hose adpater for the PCV, engine might not run with it open but will be loosing vac. if it does run. I like to keep my lines short and hidden when possible, that pcv hose goes to the front of the motor and back.

Just some thoughts, less clutter will show more engine and look more organized, you asked for opinions and you know what everyones got one of...
Jon