What do you think? Next little Upgrade.

mrbeer99

Founding Member
Oct 8, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Hello All,

It's been awhile since my last post, almost a year for sure. Worse yet, I maybe drove the Stang twice last year. I think I'm on the same tank of gas from when I put in storage in 2005. Yikes! I look forward to Kanata Cruise Nights again.

I was thinking of adding a few things this year, wanted to see what some of you thought.

1) 24 lbs Fuel Injectors
2) C&L Performance (P/N 10699P) 80mm MAF System with Inlet Pipe 96-01 GT, with Purple Tube

What do you think?

• Sponsors (?)

The stock 19lb/hr injectors will cover you up to about 300-310hp in N/A trim. The same can be said for the stock 80mm Mustang MAF meter. Based on your mods, I'd say you're no where near there yet. So unless you plan on really adding some power (via blower/turbo/nitrous) don't bother swapping out your injectors or meter. And if you do have a power adder in your future, don't waste your time with the 24, since even a base power adder will overwhelm them in a heart beat.

Sorry my friend, but it looks to me like your days of "little upgrades" are pretty much over. Time to step onto the porch with the big dogs and make some real power. :D

Sure and aluminum driveshaft is always a good idea for a street car. Its stronger than the stock steel drive shaft, removes rotational mass, and will often eliminate slight drive train vibration. Unless you're totally unhappy with your shock/spring combination and the way it handles and rides, I wouldn't bother changing them.....unless of course they need it. Addressing other suspension mods like Stangfreak stated would net you some noticeable improvements on the way the car rides and handles as well.

same gas from 2005? I would put some fresh fuel in there for starters :D Although you might have paid 60 cents a liter and can now sell it for over a buck lol