What do you think this one should sell for?

mikestang63

SN Certified Technician
Aug 27, 2012
In the garage
Looking at this one locally. From the pictures it looks in very nice shape. Cerivini cowl hood and cobra wing and body kit. Nice white paint and chrome pony's Nice black leather.. Only unknown are the miles and was it hit. I don't want to post the price yet. like to get some of your thoughts first. Can't post pics from my location.

1990 mustang 5.0 convertible. 5 speed. this car has all the goodies, cobra upper and lower intake with spacer, , qa1 rear control arms, bolt on sub frame connectors, aluminum ford shorty headers, bbk cold air intake,, street cam, eibach sportline spring kit,racing aluminum heads, ford racing valve covers, bbk 65mm throtle body, performance aluminum radiator, chrome pony wheels, black leather interior, 25 year anniversary edition. its a 5.0 lx with body kit, . this car was adult owned, from california. previous owners are motorheads and rebuilt this motor with all the goodies, this car is real strong and fun to drive. just on the upgrades there is more than 5k alone.

TT the guy that owns it.. says the hood flew up an there is some cowl damage, hence the new hood,. The front bumper has some scratches, the driver door handle needs to be fixed and the A/C may need a "recharge".

• Sponsors (?)

He says the car has 121k on it but the motor was rebuilt a few years ago. He's asking $4200. Need to see how bad the cowl is and what the deal is with the A/C. Could be looking at 5-600 if it needs a new reciever/dryer, compressor, condensor, if it has been converted> they charge like $150 just to fill with 134 here..

The parts alone are a few grand if i part it out

Cerrvini hood and rear wing 3-500
Chrome pony's 3-400
nice black leather interior 3-500
cobra intake 2-300
ford x alum heads 5-700
E cam 100
bbk cai 75-100
BBK TB 100
FMS shorties 100
Eibach springs 100-150
Alum radiator 100-150
centerforce clutch 100
good top - 200
LX tail lights 100
LX SS exhaust pipes 50-100

Never been a body guy, so what concerns me most is the cowl. If everything else checks out, you think $3k is fair?

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/3579616838.html

yeah thats what I thought. The pics are all 20 footers. Now he says all the work was done by a previous owner and the motor was built "5-10" years ago by them and he is selling because he needs the money. Says the front bumper is scratches up and the driver door handle broken.

When I see little stuff like that not taken care of and the A/C not blowing cold, that throws off red flags that this car may have been neglected. I'll start off at $2500 and go to $3000 if everything else checks out... There's a lot of parts I can swap out to my convert like the rear w/ 3.73's, heads, etc. Then sell the car for what I paid for it.

How much is it to repair a banged in cowl? I'm guessing anywhere from $300 to $500 including paint.