What do you think?

ras50gt

Oct 25, 2005
I have a friend who has had two 67 mustangs for years now. One of them is all original and the other one is pretty beat up. The one that is beat up was his latest project, in which he built a 351 for, its got a four speed in it, he had it basically stripped down,etc. I have been helping him on my days off and we finally got the 351 in. However, we have been running into major issues, and the other day he got frustrated and decided to give up. He then called up our other friend whos cousin has had a 67 in storage that is completely restored. So, the next day he goes out and buys that for 7k, the car is perfect...probably worth at least 12k. Anways, I asked him if he wants to sell his more untouched mustang. I have been talking to him and got him down to 1,700. Its got 65k original miles, interior is very clean except for the back seat has a rip in it. It has the console and map light features, chrome guage bezels, its an auto, the engine is pulled out right now because the reason why he originally stoped driving it was because the flexplate was cracked, and he was gonna put in the 289 that he took out of the one that has the 351 in it now, etc. The body is straight however he had bought it from an older lady who had hit a mail post, so there is bondo on the back left, perfessionally done but is in primer. The car is a light blue with white vinyl top. So i need opinions....What do you guys think? The reason im asking in the 5.0 talk section is that i have a 93 gt. I have been thinking about building a 331 short block, but not sure if i should pass up on this deal. I figure too, i can always start working on the gt when i graduate from college within a year or less. Opinions?????? Thanks, i might be buying it tmrw morning!

• Sponsors (?)

1700 isnt bad at all. If nothing else, work on it a bit. Decide the Mustang you want to keep, then sell the other for parts money. Be careful not to drop all of your cash into one or the other. If the car is in as good condition as you say, you will profit from it.

Yea, i think 1700 is a really good deal. My 5.0 is my baby, I want to start throwing more money at her but at the same time its hard cause its also my daily driver. I can't afford to have her taken apart for too long of a time. I thought the same thing, i could probably easily get the 1700 hundred back if i decide to sell the 67. I know i could part out the interior pieces alone for a good amount of money. I don't think i will ever sell the gt, its my first car and i bought it all myself lol. It has about 105k miles and runs strong still, I have just been looking forward to buying more mods, I think it can wait till i graduate though. The other thing is, i have been looking online and in the ads around where i live, classics are hard to come by. I mostly see 6 cylinders going for well over 2k, and the bodies are torn up. Well, keep opinions coming.....If i buy the 67 it will be tonight or tmrw morning.

I had a project car while I was in college. It was a 71 T/A. be careful, it is real easy to drop all your money on the car or on the other hand to not have any money for the car and get discouraged. If you have the room I would say buy it and store it for a while. but that is a really good price. around here you cant even touch a 65-69 for less than 5k. and that is for the rust buckets, decent cars are running 10-12 easy.