What does this equate to in a 1/4 mile?

90_Red_LX

Sep 29, 2003
Asheboro, NC
I set a new best at the 1/8th today of a 8.983 @77.53mph with a 1.947 60' time. What would a 5.0 run in the quarter about with that 1/8th time. Just curious so I won't be let down when I head to the quarter. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I was hoping it would run a high 13 but I didn't know if it would since a fox doesnt have the top end pull of say, a 4-valve cobra. My cousin was running the same times as me in the 1/8th but 5-6mph faster. Made me wonder.

Well my 14.5 run i got a 9.5 1/8 time and my 13.5 run I got a 8.5 1/8 time so Id say your in the very low 14's or high 13's, good job.

Depends on the top end charge, and 60' time a lot. My 8.4 on radials was not a 13.4 as some might think based off this info, but a 12.9. For the most part with a decent 60' and a bolt on 5.0, whatever the 8.x is it should be close to a 13.x (reletively speaking) and 9.x should be a 14.x.

my best 8.77 with a 1.96 got me 83 mph in the 1/8th.the track was so hot that day(100 plus degrees)that when i put slicks on it would bog the bog the car because the tires gripped to well.usually our track lacks traction but not that day.you should have a low 14,high 13 car.that's good for no more mods than you have.i've seen cars run slower with alot more stuff.

The car if it wasn't messed up from the factory is probably one of the best 100+k miled 5.0s to have. I know the history of the car, and while it was driven hard at times, it was well cared for. So it hasn't been beat to death yet. lol.

Oh yea, how much would a set of et drags help the car out? I'm fixing to purchase a set and put them on my 10 holes. Maybe a 8.7 or so?

25thmustang said:
Depends on the top end charge, and 60' time a lot. My 8.4 on radials was not a 13.4 as some might think based off this info, but a 12.9. For the most part with a decent 60' and a bolt on 5.0, whatever the 8.x is it should be close to a 13.x (reletively speaking) and 9.x should be a 14.x.

Oh I didnt even realise that, I wasent trying to say for every .1 off your 1/8 is .1 off your 1/4, i was just giving a range of where he was, sorry if thats how guys took it, didnt even realise it added up like that.

I didnt read it like that, just pointing out it changes when you factor traction, and how much power the car has. For a bolt on Mustang its a great way to look at it. For one with more power, the cars top end will take over and be tougher to gauge!

I found out for sure tonight. I ran a 14.152 with a 2.0 60'. 1/8th time was a 9.080. Trapped at 96.79 and 77.29. With a 8.9 like I cut the night before I would say a 14.0 would have happened. I doubt 13's were in the cards tonight, but I only got 3 passes and I never ran at that track before so who knows. Planning on some canfields with my rpm intake and a custom cam shortly so it'll be interesting to see what it does after that. Just thought I would share.