Roush what else needed w/ smaller pulley?

03s281sc

Mar 31, 2005
maryland
i have a series iv s/c and was thinking about gettin the r.r. 3.0 pulley but was wondering what else i would need with it?

smaller belt? 90mm maf? 42lb injectors? svt pump? also, how much boost can i expect to gain with this pulley?

thanks, rich

• Sponsors (?)

03s281sc said:
i have a series iv s/c and was thinking about gettin the r.r. 3.0 pulley but was wondering what else i would need with it?

smaller belt? 90mm maf? 42lb injectors? svt pump? also, how much boost can i expect to gain with this pulley?

thanks, rich

Rich,

If you will happy with just a few more h.p. then go with your pulley, say goodbye to your warranty (depending on your dealer) and get a tune immediately after the pulley install. There is quite a bit left in that seies IV blower but to get it's potential, you will want to upgrade the other items that you mentioned other than the smaller belt. You won't need that unless you go smaller than a 2.95.
If you wnat to hear advice in person call Joe at Chicane Sport Tuning. www.chicanesport.com

Tell him what you have and what you want, and most important what you want to spend. He will tell you what you need. He will only sell you what you need. He has talked me out of a lot of things I don't need in the past. That is why I keep going back to him for advice. If you get him on a good day he will spend plenty of time with you. If he is busy, have Kristen get you number so he can call you back when he can talk shop.
Good luck.

They only upgraded the "E" pumps. The SC's use the stock pump and are not necessary on all cars to upgrade.

All SC's are different. I pegged my mas air at 5.5Krpm so I had to have the 90mm LAMF.

Minimal requirements are: 1) New belt 2)SCT tune.

Nice Additions: 1) SVT Focus pump 2) 90mm LMAF 3) 42lbs injectors.

You should see 10 psi or 2 more psi than you normally see with the stock pulley.