What exactly are BMR Lca's designed for ? please explain

Hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question ? but what exactly are BMR LCA's, and what's their purpose ? I've never heard of these before, and am curious if they can improve RWHP and Torque curves at all :shrug: Anyway, thanks for all your feedback and support in advance...Rocky :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I must chime in with a mention to the hybrid style from J&M. Their LCAs are tubular but use a poly and rubber bushing combo.

Poly center with rubber outers so that you get the good stiff straight line performance but also retain some flex for side to side suspension articulation.

This setup also makes a lot less noise and is far less likely to have the bushings crack.

No need to be embarrassed Rocky. :)

BUT, Since we are on the subject of LCAs and all, anyone want to discuss the advantages/disadvantages and set-up differences for intended end use (race auto-x/drag/street-strip) for non-adjustable & adjustable rear LCAs and the end link/bushing material used - polyurethane, increased durometer rubber, spherical bearing and Delrin?

It always seems to bring a lively discussion when these items come into a conversation.

That wheel hop, does that occur only at WOT and the rear tire(s) break loose? For a DD, does it make sense to get LCA's? It seems you would only need to get them if you are in drag or auto-x competition. Just asking.

daily driving on the street SHOULD mean that you never go past the limits of the stock control arms. however, many stang owners like to "stretch" a little bit on the street. even if you are not on a public road (like in a parking lot, for example) and light up the tires, you can still get that wheel hop. it really kills the fun factor of the car, especially if you are in a local burnout competition. :(

i say that all mustangs could benefit from a set of LCAs. how much will depend on how the car is used. you must also decide which set of bushings would be best for YOU, since not everyone drives the same or has the same intentions for THEIR car.

and Jenn, how about you start that conversation.... :D